kabouter

Feb 16, 2011
Hi guys,

I need to book a trip to singapore for my VITAS and I'm not sure how long I need. The company that I use for my KITAS tells me I should get an agent in Singapore so it only takes 1 day. If I do it myself it would take about 4 days.

Is this true or can I just go to the embassy myself on the first day and pick it up the second day?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I know this isn't a Vitas but to get the Kitas (retirement) visa in Singapore does only take a day if done with an agent and I presume the Vitas will be handled similarly.

The Kitas must be applied for first (anywhere?) but only accepted outside of Indo. Upon return to Bali your passport along with the telefax (yes!) that the embassy in Sing received from Jakarta about you will be handed in to immi and then you wait a couple of week here and then get it (or not?).

Not sure if there's any way to make it more complicated but I reckon they are trying...

kabouter

Feb 16, 2011
Yeah it's quite a complicated process, the way they do it now is:
- I get into Indonesia on a VOA which they extend by 1 month in the meantime they process all the documents for the KITAS application.
- Before my VOA expires I have to go to Singapore to get my telexed VITAS (which they say takes 1 day through an agent ($150) or 4 days if I do it by myself)
- Upon return I have to apply within 7 days for the KITAS

Either way I just wondered if picking up the VITAS in Singapore is really a task that takes 4 days by myself. I feel like I'm overpaying for everything and even though this Singapore agent is by far the lowest cost so far I'd rather safe on those costs if it isn't needed.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Friend the only way to stay in Singapore for 4 days for less than $150 is with a friend for free or in a cardboard box in the park and starve.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hi guys,

I need to book a trip to singapore for my VITAS and I'm not sure how long I need. The company that I use for my KITAS tells me I should get an agent in Singapore so it only takes 1 day. If I do it myself it would take about 4 days.

Is this true or can I just go to the embassy myself on the first day and pick it up the second day?

First thing to know is a Vitas is a singular stay visa. There is an ITAS which permits foreigners to enter RI and subsequently issue a Kitas which is the yellow card.
If 'working' in RI it is also a requirement to have an IMTA (work permit).
If the OP's company (HR Dept) providing the 'Kitas' is telling you to get it yourself..... I'd suggest you question your work/contract status.
If you work in Indonesia, but do not have an employer's IMTA (work permit), you could be illegal and easily seen as a felony criminal with 5 years jail maximum.

Edit: my apologies to the OP. I misread that "the Company" mentioned was an employer and made the rest of my post on that premise. I've re-read and see a different perspective.....sorry for that.

Last time I went to Singapore was to obtain a Retirement ITAS. I used the agent that my Bali agent uses and it was done in a few hours in Singapore.
I agree with Markit that Singapore RI agents are cheaper than hotels...and, as I found, even cheaper than return tickets on Air Asia.
We went to SG with return tickets on A/A which was for the following day as I assumed the visa would take time. They would not exchange without more than doubling the cost. The Lion Air lady at the next counter kinda winked and I bought 2 new tickets for much less.
We landed back in Indonesia earlier than my original Air Asia flight...... coz' it was delayed...how karma is that.

Last edited:

kabouter

Feb 16, 2011
Thanks guys for the answers, I ended up booking the agent in singapore anyway since it is so convenient. It's just that I feel like I always have to pay someone to do something over here :), still used to doing things myself I guess.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Thanks guys for the answers, I ended up booking the agent in singapore anyway since it is so convenient. It's just that I feel like I always have to pay someone to do something over here :), still used to doing things myself I guess.

Pray tell where can you get a visa without paying?

davita

Mar 13, 2012

You should be so lucky to have the option. The Retirement Visa (Kitas/Kitap) doesn't have an option...agents are mandatory, and used throughout the process, and they charge like wounded bulls.