May 22, 2004
Netherlands
i dont know if this is old news ?
The indonesian embassy in the Netherlands are now issuing 60 day
visa,s instead of the previous 30 day visa,s

Terry

G

RE: Visa,s

hmm so what you're saying is that in the netherlands they've gone back to 60 day tourist visa again? the 30 day visa was implemented this february and as far as i know the netherlands as any other country has to follow the new visa-regulations. does this information come from a reliable source? sounds extremely strange.

Terry

May 22, 2004
Netherlands

Yes
i picked up my new visa yesterday & its for 60 days
price has also gone up from euro 30.00 to 45.00

greetz

Terry

G

terr.. if i were you i'd check with a source in indonesia so you don't run into trouble at immigrasi in indonesia.

Terry

May 22, 2004
Netherlands

Its stamped 60 days
& they told me its a new arrangement
i doubt if i will get any problems my stay
is not that long unfortunatly, i have to go
to Nairobi in sept

greetz

Terry

G

I am leaving for Bali in three weeks and I was their in March. Got off the plane and had to line up to get the tourist visa - 30 days. Thought I would be smart this time and get it from the Consulate before I left so I wouldn't have to line up. A recorded message said 30 day tourist visas are only available at the airport when you land. 60 days tourist visa can be obtained from the Consulate.

G

regarding 30 day-V O A. can anyone tell me the cost of this VISA in IRP
and not in $25. as stated in all web sites i have searched.

thank you.
Rob

Terry

May 22, 2004
Netherlands

well during my stay in bali in the last couple of weeks
i decided to pop over & see a friend in malaysia & yes my visa
was stamped as USED... so on the way back from JB to Jakarta i had to renew the visa $25.oo Also missed my flight from Jakarta back to denPasar because of the long Qs at imigration...
was very suprized how cheap the flights are from AirAsia its like the Easyjet of the far east, booked on line no problem & it was a great service.....

greetz

Terry

G

the tourist visa is changed from 30 into 60 days and cannot be extended. it is confirmed on the website of the indonesian embassy in holland. the only thing is that price got up.
visa for 30 days is Euro 30 and visa for 60 days is Euro 45

G

I can confirm this, firends of mine applied for visa in East Timor and had to wait one week to get 60 days.

There are stories I heard that you can get longer visas on 55+ basis, upto one year, paying some 100 U$ a month. One can repeat this 5 times until one gets a permanent visa, one sourece told me. Another said, its no true. You only get 1/2 year and extension for another 1/2 year and have to reenter the country, Air Asia flight for a few $.

It seems important that a foreigner is not allowed to own land, I was offered new houses near the beach from 25000 U$ onwards but would need to purchase it hrough some agent scompany. If one looks closely at the houses one will find that sewage, waste disposal and traffic is a big problem in Baliyet. And if there is any bancruptcy of the agent, then the house maybe gone. I believe its better to rent some place and leave whenever one wants to. :lol: