taylorflanders

Jun 15, 2013
Bali
Hey all!
I'm hoping to move to Bali next month for 6 months but I need some help on the visa process. How can I apply for a social visa?
Thanks

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
If you don't know someone who will sponsor you, use an agent. Here's a previous thread regarding visa agents.

Most agents will provide a sponsor letter so you can apply for a "sosial budaya" visa at the nearest consulate in your home country. When the visa is issued you will have 90 days to enter the country and the sosial budaya is valid for 60 days from your date of arrival in Bali.

About 2 weeks before the end of the 60 days, contact the agent again to apply for a 30 day extension. He can do this 4 x times (so the visa is valid for 180 days in total), then you must leave the country and start all over again.

In some consulates they insist on seeing a valid exit ticket within the 180 day period, but it's best to check with the consulate where you wish to apply.

Last edited by a moderator:

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
I don't know about Melbourne consulate, but the Sydney consulate takes 1 week. If I apply on Wednesday morning, the visa is ready the following Wednesday afternoon.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Ok thank you! And will my boyfriend (sponsor) need to show his bank details? What do I need to take to the consulate?

each consulate has different needs. In New York usa the sponsor needs to show a bank account with enough rupiah in it to support you .That is why i came to Bali on a voa then went to SG for my sosbud ... less paperwork .. not need sponsors bank account or a exit ticket from indo either !

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
For all consulates in Australia, the process is simple. No need for bank statements from your sponsor, just your passport, 1 x passport photo, an invitation letter from sponsor, copy of sponsor's ID (KTP), return ticket or onward ticket out of Indonesia and AU$60. The consulate will only process visas in the morning, so get there early.

The information is here: Visas of the Republic of Indonesia

Here's a link to a thread re sponsor invitation letter:

Last edited by a moderator: