VISA

matahari

Mar 8, 2005
Oslo
I just recived my visa from the embassy! on one line it is written typ of visa: B

just curious if someone know what B stands for.

8)

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Bule?

Behave?

Beware?

Bravo !

Boss?

Bali?

Bodoh?

No it is a 6 month visa, typicly a Social Budaya...

Ah Budaya !

Something Like This?

visa.gif

matahari

Mar 8, 2005
Oslo
Thank you Bert for those many possible meanings, I doubt that their is any of them thou :)

My visa is almost exactly like your scanning, except that on my visa it`s index 421 not 431. ???

the reason why I`m curios is because on the receipt I recived along with my passport(visa) it was a list of all the different Visas, a: tourist visa
b: business visa c: social visa and so on.

And first I thought it might be something wrong, and I`v got the business visa instead of the social... but problably the list on the receipt has nothing to do with the type of visa (B) that`s written on the Visa.

The main thing is that I can stay for 6 month`s without leaving the countrey :)

How much are the monthly extending-fees? I`v heard they change alot??

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Oh, This maybe maybe my single entry business visa, I have a a 421 somewhere too. I think that thats the social budaya.

Extending fees different, maybe. I don't do it myself, allways did it through an agent. Prices that agents charge are usualy in the 500.000 per extension range. If you would do it yourself, it will be cheaper, but it would be a hassle.

First extension after 60 days, then 3 times the 30 day extension.

Now I have a 512, this a Kitas (5yrs) :) Also a B though.

matahari

Mar 8, 2005
Oslo
5years,nice! hopefully in the future I will get a kitas.

so about 1.5million extra.. well that`s okey.

Thank`s for the info

spitfire

May 7, 2005
Jimbaran
It's not clear to me if there are additional costs for the visa of my family if I'd be bringing my wife and child along when processing a KITAS. Is there any extra charge for their visa? A KITAS working permit is at USD 1200 a year as I understand now, but is it the same price if I bring them along?

Lionel

Aug 16, 2005
noumea (now)
It's a bit complicated sytem, their immigration one. Could someone explain me how to and what it cost (in visas) to live in Bali for one year first, then longer ? What's the process ?

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Its not that difficult...

The three most common types:

1. Tourist Visa (each country different)
2. Social Budaya / Single Entry Business Visa valid for 6 months
3. Kitas, Short Stay Permit, vaild for 5 years, for retirees or people employed by a company with a residence in Indonesia, this company can be a foreign owned company (PMA) or a local owned company (CV or PT)

Number 1 and 2 and the retirees are not allowed to work.
Number 2 is used quite often to "live" on Bali with bi annual trips abroad for renewels.

Kassie

Oct 24, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
I have been fairly confused about this whole visa thing for a while now and jsut reading over this conversation and i looked at my passport. I got a 60 day visa here in brisbane back in november.. says type of visa : B and the index number is 421.
now bert you say this would be the social budya? and when i contacted the indonesian consulate here in brisbane just today to organise ask about my visa, (as i come to bali in about 2 weeks for approx 5 months) he said that i get the 60 day visa here and it can sometimes be extendable at the airport.. like luck of the draw. Then i also contacted the embassey in canberra and they said this visa is definatly not extenable.... and now i read on here and the visa i have in my passport from my 2 month trip in november is exactly like mataharis (i think that who it was) and matches what you are saying bert.
Just slightly confused, will be gettin the 60 day visa in brisbane then was planning to go to singapore after that, but dont want to waste the money if its not necessary.

jill

Jul 30, 2005
Alexandra new zealand
i'm sure they do all this just to confuse us all & get more MONEY !*#
i'm getting a business visa $120 nz I have to apply 3 day befor we go as valid from that day last 90 days , can go to Bali 7 times for up to 90 days over 1 year ???? that doe's not work out of course so go figger
good luck
Jill

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Not understanding doesn't mean that "they" want more money...

So you will have a 1 year multiple entry business visa...

And you have to leave the country once during that year...

JILL, please mind your typing...