visa type?!

Anna Ariab

Apr 6, 2009
Hello everyone! :)

Me and my husband (as well as our 2 kids (1.5 and 4 years old) planning to come and live in Bali at least for one year. At first we'll rent some place to live and then as soon as we'll clarify the whole situation as for land puchasing we'll buy a piece. we are going to build villas there for further renting /selling.
What kind of visa to your mind we'll be most preferable for us?!

thank u for your time !

Anna :)

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
First step you should get a 60 day tourist visa. You have to get it from an Indonesian Consulate or Embassy before you travel.

Second step is a sosiall budaya visa - for this you need a Bali sponsor which you can easily get once you are here. Go to this page
http://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html
and look for the heading
Visa Kunjungan Sosial Budaya or SosBud
Hope this helps.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Hi Anna,

If you are already sure that you want to do business here, like you described in your other post...Contact Bali Ide (link Bottom of page) and I would go straight for the PMA setup which with your budget should be no problem. It would save you the trouble of a 'visa run' with the kids after 60 days.
Friendly greetings......Gilbert.

Anna Ariab

Apr 6, 2009
Thank u Ronb! by the way how do you like living in Lovina ? what do you think about this place as a good option for our case ( to buy a land there)?! Are there already a lot of villas for selling and renting? there is an opinion that for most people the beach with black sand it is not really prefarable beach...
Thank u Gilbert ! i'll call them for sure, cause all my attempts to reach them by E-mail have failed :cry:And if it 'll be PMA what kind of visa we should open to get to Bali first?

thank u

enjoy your day!!

Anna

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Hi Anna,
Yeah they (Bali Ide) are sometimes hard to reach, and takes at least a couple of days before they reply to an email they receive. Hang in there :wink: .
I don't live in Lovina, but pretty close to it and my opinion to buy an empty plot (piece of land) in Lovina itself is almost impossible, there are some villages around Lovina, which would be more suitable..pricewise and serenity for Villa's you want to build. At the moment there seem to be a alot of Hotels for sale/lease in the Lovina area, and there are alot of expat villa's in the neighboorhood for rent (long term and short term) and ofcourse also willing to sell.
You can set-up the PMA-company from abroad, and ones the PMA-company is certified (1-2 months), the company will be your KITAS provider...check this link below. However if you first want to get a feel for the Island, Ronb suggestion is a good one.

http://www.bali-expat-business.com/indo ... a.php?p=15

As for the beach (color of sand) the main thing is it's not that clean, but also in Kuta and Nusa Dua it's not that clean, exept behind the 5 star hotels with beach-acces.
East of the Island (Tulamben) is cleaner but pebblestone beach, no sand.
Okidoki, take care and don't rush things :wink: .
Friendly greetings........Gilbert.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Anna Ariab said:
Thank u Ronb! by the way how do you like living in Lovina ? what do you think about this place as a good option for our case ( to buy a land there)?! Are there already a lot of villas for selling and renting? there is an opinion that for most people the beach with black sand it is not really prefarable beach...
Lovina is great! We are a few Km west, so it's a drive for restaurants and bars - but that's no problem. If you are counting villas from 25 Km east of Singaraja to 25 Km west - then there is probably hundreds. There are always builders adding to the supply, as well as some of the existing ones going up for sale from time to time. The majority of them are owned by Europeans, Aussies tend to prefer the south. Maybe the white sand has something to do with this - but I think it is probably more the surf in the south that attracts.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Deciding on where you want to live is a tough one. I have been to Bali a couple of times just for a holiday. I have been reading a lot on the internet about different parts of Bali.

I am thinking of staying in all of the main areas for a couple of weeks and then making a decision as to where I want to settle down more permanently.