vcmulliss

Jun 8, 2012
Gordon Vic
Hi To All From Cold & Wet Victoria

HAVE CHECKED THE ARCHIVES

When you live in bali on the retirement visa (i assume I organize that here in melbourne) does that visa entitle you to ship your personal belongings and also, can i fly in and out of Bali, eg UK or USA or back to Aussie for about 4weeks at a time, iam coming over on the VOA which i believe i can extend.

Iam getting my international driving license done, how long does it take to get a motorbike license in bali.

It seems each of the different visa's allow you to do different things most confusing (but iam learning)

Regards Vera

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
guess the archives are confusing or too much 'hits' when using the search option?

With or without KITAS you can ship your belongings, but with a KITAS you can do so (once) without paying any taxes. a copy of your kitas goes with the goods.
If you have a KITAS you would need a exit/re-entry permit to leave and comeback into Indonesia,
if you plan to fly in and out of Bali alot, a multiple exit/re-entry permit is also an option.
VOA, not extendable.
having an int. driving license, you would not need to have an Indo license too, but it can be processed under an hour.
as for organising the retirementvisa, you could contact an agent on Bali who would take care of things here so you can pick it up at your neaerest Embassy.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Have to disagree with G de J...
A visa on arrival (VOA) is initially issued for 30 days (US$25) and IS now extendable for a further 30 days (US$25). He is correct on the shipping and driver licence issue.

A Retirement Visa is issued for 1 year but MUST be sponsored by an RI qualified agent. There are many in Bali if Bali is your destination. The agent must have an office in the province you plan to reside. Once qaulified for a retirement visa it will be available to pick-up at a foreign RI Embassy/Consul of your choice, this is arranged by the Agent.

A multi-entry/exit visa is optional but, in your case, clearly necessary.

A Sosbud visa is another option and an agent or any other Kitas holder can sponsor this visa. It is initially for 60 days and is extendable monthly up to around 6 months before exiting and starting over. However, it may not be suitable in your case as it expires when you leave RI, no matter its validity.