redgirl

Aug 10, 2007
australia
Hello
I am in the early stages of planning retreat in Bali.Not a New age or Yoga thing .
Its about the culture and religion and tradition .
Bali is a Mecca for retreats,what do people do for a Visa??
I know a lot of people do it illegally, i don't feel real comfortable with that.. I have done a bit of a research,
And some retreat organisers talkabout a workshop Visa?? Sounds a bit suspicious.
Do i need to get a Kitas if i bring guests from oz for aprox 3 weeks a year ?
any input would be fabulous have tried emailing a few visa places but no reply yet .
kindest regards Robyn

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Robyn the devil is in detail regarding visas so you are going to have to draw back a little and give some more information.

will you be taking money here in Bali?

will you be advertising it in Bali?

Can you get someone here to "front" for you?

Will there be a rental place involved? yours?

Your age? how often will you do this?

Just some more info please.

redgirlau

Oct 25, 2010
Morning Markit
thank you so much for your feedback already.
In answer to your Questions
No money taking in Bali ..all money will be deposited in my bank before i leave, oz.
No advertising in Bali, all done via Facebook and the web.
Yes my assistant can front for me he is local.
Staying in a cluster of Villas just outside of Ubud.. nope not mine .
i am 52 woohoo .probably will do it max 4 times year for one week each..
Basically i pick them up at the airport . Friends will drive them around and guide them,massage them etc, i am just the organiser. I pay people for their service just like a tourist does .
thanks for your feedback . regards Robyn

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
If you want to run a business in Indonesia you need a Kitas + work permit (legally).
In Ubud and what you are saying just go with the flow don't do anything, if you want to stay for 12 months use a Sosbud visa.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
There are no retreat leader visas that I am aware of. There was some kind of entertainment visa for visiting DJs, but to be honest I don't know if that was just some kind of scam operated by some agencies.

A business visa might be one option.

No advertising in Bali, all done via Facebook and the web.

A word of warning, don't advertise in any of the Bali groups. Or have your Indonesian assistant do it and don't include your name in any of the ads.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Yeah, what they said!

One word of general information: Farcebook sites/pages can be restricted to not show in certain countries.

Stay away from Ubud (Immi are known to make a sweep through all the yoga places hoovering up "teachers" at the end of the month when the paycheck has run out).

Point out to your attendees that should someone ask you're all just good friends.

Have fun.