Visa for 90 days with children

Anna2468

Nov 7, 2017
Hi there

If anyone has any info to help I would be really grateful.

My partner and I (same sex couple) are travelling to Bali for 90 days with our 3 children from Australia.
On the Visa application form, it needs the kids birth certificates - which is fine, but also wants a marriage certificate. Obviously we are not married - the law has not changed in Aus. Does anyone know if this is going to be a huge issue? The children's birth certificates have both our names on it, as we had all three children together.

We have travelled to Bali a number of times with the children, but no longer than 30 days...so its not been an issue.

Also, can anyone advise how long before the expiry of the social visa can you apply for the extension. As we are travelling around, I want to do it when we are staying not too far from an immigration office in Singaraja, which works out to be only about 25 days into our trip, when its nearing the 60 days, we will be 3.5 hours away for Denpasar and about the same from Singaraja, not really possible to do all that is necessary for the visa with taking the kids all that way.

Please enlighten me balipod ;)

Anna

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hi Anna2468 and welcome to the forum.
I really cannot help much as not familiar with your predicament.
As you know Indonesia doesn't recognize same sex marriage either but In Bali no-one cares.
With respect to kids, I'm not sure, but if they have their own passports can they apply for their own visa?
If using a Social Budaya visa (Sosbud) it is required to do the extensions in the Immigration area of your sponsor's KTP address.
Often in the past we've had a Sosbud but was never required to show our marriage certificate but we didn't include children. My understanding a major requirement with kids is to show both parents agree to moving the children.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Hi again Anna2468, echoing Davita, I don't think there's any big problem. My suggestion is to use an agent. Maybe you need you speak with several before you are comfortable that they are at ease with the situation

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Usually you get the social visa for 60 days. You need to apply for the first extension 1 week before it expires.

An agent can do all of your extensions, but you need to go to the immigration office for the first extension as they take your photos, fingerprints.

Some people leave their passports with their agents so they never have to deal with immigration, except for that 1 trip. So they are essentially good to travel around for 6 months. You just need to take a photocopy of your passport. I believe each person needs to get a visa, which would be the same even if you are legally married.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hi Anna2468
Looks like Australia has listened...overwhelmingly equality for same-sex marriage....get a marriage certificate asap.

Last edited: