geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
I am seeking any help or advise
Has anyone had dealings with Vinsen Jehaut

BALI CONNECTION SERVICE, Specialize in all aspects of visa requirement in Bali and overseas, handle it personally, please contact us anytime

This is the story my Indonesian wife's sister who has lived in Bali for the past 8 years,she met an Aussie guy a few years back they got married in Melbourne last year
Its a genuine marriage I was at the wedding he is a good guy and we are constantly in touch.
She come over to Australia lots of times before marriage and he is a regular to Bali.
Since they got married whatever Visa they started means she has to leave a while then come back here (its approx 4 weeks she has to be out of the country).
She is back in Bali now and i think they are doing the whole Spouse visa final application thing, this agent has asked for my wife's and her 2 brothers birth certificate, why the hell would he need that??

I called brother In law in Melbourne and he says this guy has made mistakes before eg asked for originals of all certificates then when he received them said oh no it was meant to be notarized witnessed copies
So now the Marriage certificate etc are on the way back to Melbourne.
I have no idea why they need to go through all of this and I think this guy sounds at the very least incompetent and has no idea.

Me never trusting many people asked for his name and i looked at his website he is everything travel agent ,wedding planner etc etc
Q. Does this guy look legal (he has some licence number on site but whats it for travel wedding visa etc)
Q. how does this sound to you guys

p.s. They haven't paid any money yet

Last edited:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Well, he is trying to be everything to everybody but that's kind of normal here. But on his list of commendations his previous customers also give their emails so fire off a quick not to each asking if he really was so good.

Adam

Jul 21, 2006
Western Australia
Geedee,

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with an agent. If the marriage is genuine the evidence will speak for itself and the Immigration Department will pick up on that. I got my missus back to Australia easy enough (few years ago now, though), it isn't complicated, just time consuming and have helped a couple of friends who married Indo girls as well complete their applications. Any half organised normal Aussie male is going to be more competent than any Indonesian so tell your brother in law to save his money. If you have any questions feel free to send me a message.

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Just gave brother in law all the feedback and found out a bit more.
They applied for another tourist visa but were rejected as since 2014 she has been in Australia 400+ days to Bali about 300 days.This was done 2 weeks ago in Bali, she is now stuck there till the spouse visa comes through.
Wish i was stuck there for 6 months.She now has to restart her villa leasing business which is difficult as she losses contacts every time she comes here.But she does live cheaply not like a tourist.
The wife's sister trusts the agent and has known him for a few years , the husband is applying a little pressure re- how long , cost etc asking to supply itemized costs .
Total cost will be $1200 and the $6800 Application fee to Australian Govt (good business) which he isn't happy to pay but he doesn't have a lot of time or patience and he is here and she in Bali and can't get back to OZ till she gets the spouse visa.
Its his fault he should have applied in 2014 instead of these multiple tourist visas.
Thanks above for your feedback .

Last edited:

Adam

Jul 21, 2006
Western Australia
$6800 plus plus - holy sheeet! Things have changed big time in that regard, from memory my wife's visa cost maybe 3 grandish maximum including Medical fees, translations, notarised copies etc etc.

One thing I must urge, as it sounds like patience isn't one of your brother in laws virtues, is not to harass or pressure the Immigration Department as they can and will make your life difficult. Do as they ask in a timely fashion then leave them to go about their business and things will happen a lot smoother and quicker.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Check also if the agent you are dealing with is in fact licensed. You can check here: https://www.mara.gov.au/

I agree that you don't really need an agent for this, if your friend has the time to do the paperwork. The immigration website is also fairly comprehensive.

Can she get a bridging visa until the spouse visa comes through? I know that was possible at one point.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Sorry two threads??

Ladies and Gentlemen if you want a visa for Australia, VFS Globle is contracted by the Australian Government to process visa application. If you use a agent he has to process it through VFS, cost is about $3500 up from $2100 when I processed my wife's visa. Bridging visa is only available if you are already in Australia. If all your paper work is correct it will take 2-3 months to process, go the the VFS office in Denpasar they will give you all the papers to fill out and a list thing you will need and help you with your application. They will send everything to Jakarta and you will be given a case worker who will contact you if they need anymore information, the husband will be contacted to verify things, wife will be sent to a doctor in sanur for check up(they do give you a list of doctor's but sanur is easier). When you have been granted a visa your passport will be sent back to VFS, you will get a temporary visa(6 months medicare card) for 2 years then permeant visa (full medicare green card). (It will cost about $2800 for each child now)

Last edited: