mawbycreative

May 24, 2012
Melbourne
view360vr.com
Hi everyone,

First time poster but have been lurking away here for some time now.

I am a Virtual tour photographer based in Melbourne. I have been to Bali a few times over the past year with my wife and 2.5 year old twin girls and we have really enjoyed our time and experiences in Bali. Having travelled with my wife and children, I haven't had any time to get out and do what I am really passionate about, and that is document places with 360° panoramic photography. I finally bit the bullet and booked a flight for a week at the end of July/start of August and I am looking forward to getting out to see what I can capture.

The main reason behind my trip was to get out and about and have some time for myself to relax, shoot and have a Bintang or two, but I thought it would also be a great chance to see if I could pick up a shoot while I am over there. I have shot virtual tours for accommodation providers, display homes and even car interiors in the past and have seen the resulting interest and Internet traffic that it can help generate so I thought that a Villa or Resort would really benefit from the photography that I shoot. Ideally I would love to develop some connections that would enable me to visit every few months and shoot, but one would do for now :) If anyone has any contacts that might be interested in virtual tours, I would love to talk to them.

As I am a new member, I cannot post links, however I am more than happy to give anyone my website and a portfolio of what I can do.

If this sort of post isn't permitted on the forum, please accept my apologies and remove it.

Thanks,
Marcus
Mawby Creative

mawbycreative

May 24, 2012
Melbourne
view360vr.com
Hi Spicyayam,

As I will be in Bali already (31st July to 5th August) and wouldn't have any travel and accommodation costs, I would be happy to shoot a 10 scene virtual tour for $1,500AU for anyone referred from this forum.

My usual package includes:
A stand alone virtual tour
A Facebook app version of the tour that can be embedded in a Facebook business page
Individual scenes that can be used on Trip Adviser
Full ownership rights to all of the images and tours
Fully ipad/tablet, iphone/smartphone compatible
I can also help making changes to existing websites to get them online.

Thanks,
Marcus

mawbycreative

May 24, 2012
Melbourne
view360vr.com
Hi Balibule, thank you for the heads up, I didn't think about that to be honest.

Looks like it will leave more time for me to bulk up on Nasi Goreng and Sate Ayam then.

Out of interest, if you are aware, what sort of Visa would be required as a photographer?

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Hi Marcus

The main reason behind my trip was to get out and about and have some time for myself to relax, shoot and have a Bintang or two
Why don't you stick to that?

The rest - I'm not sure about. Visas, being "legal", etc.

Grab your "holiday" by the balls, enjoy that and investigate the rest at your leisure.

Welcome to visit me (in Sanur), if you'd like.
Write some more stuff here and send me a PM.

Cheers!

:eagerness:

C

CanonMan

You'd either need to set up your own business here or get a work sponsored visa as a photographer for a corporate entity. If you want to work your own projects then it would be the first option.

No easy way around it. The authorities here are clamping down on people working on Business Entry Visas, who should only be taking an advisory role or investigating investment options with said visa.

Cheers,
mark.

mawbycreative

May 24, 2012
Melbourne
view360vr.com
Hi Johnnycool,

I would love to shoot a villa to add to the portfolio, can never hurt. But as you said, relaxing should be my first priority.

I haven't made it over to Sanur yet, sounds like a good excuse.

Cheers,
Marcus

mawbycreative

May 24, 2012
Melbourne
view360vr.com
I forgot to do an update on my little trip in August. I had a great time relaxing didn't really pick up the Camera too much. I walked, slept, ate, swam and drank Bintang :)

I did capture a little bit here and there and thought I would share them here if anyone was interested.

Some shots from the Mercure Kuta Beach resort:
Bali 2012 - Mercure Kuta Beach, Bali - Tour by Mawby Creative 2012

Ramayana Resort Pool
Bali 2012 - Ramayana Resort, Kuta - Main Pool - Tour by Mawby Creative 2012

Ramayana Resort Standard Room
Bali 2012 - Ramayana Resort, Standard Room - Kuta, Bali - Tour by Mawby Creative 2012

Tanah Lot Sunset Panorama
Bali 2012 - Tanah Lot Temple by the Sea - Tour by Mawby Creative 2012

Ubud Rice Terraces
Bali 2012 - Ubud Rice Feilds, Bali - Tour by Mawby Creative 2012

Kuta Beach Sunset
Mawby Creative 2012

Full moon cleansing
Bali 2012 - Tirtha Empul Temple, Worshipers Cleansing - Tour by Mawby Creative 2012

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Camera Art

It would be great to see some examples of quality camera work on Balipod. Can't recall seeing anything in the past. Go for it!:icon_e_biggrin:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
For all the technology I still find them very cold and dead.

Even with people in them they somehow still look like after the neutron bomb to me.

Its really funny but I'm beginning to love plain old black and white photos - they seem so deep and mood-filled.

These 360 look like something out of a First Person Shooter computer game.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Interesting technology, well done. Personally, I find it very appropriate in the last pano, Kuta Beach Sunset, giving a good rendering of the mood. The "Ubud Rice Terraces," as most of you will have guess, is actually in Tegallalang, along the road. And I also see that some a*****d has build some kind of losmen, and I assume that, soon, another one will erect a 500-room hotel to make sure the place is totally ruined.:mad::mad::mad:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
What is a "a*****d".

Is this another attack of mushrooms?

About the pix - thanks for not being offended. I'm not a Luddite, was a electronics wonk in real life. Have forgotten it all now, mind.

Last edited: