spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
[video=youtube;wfV8SWp0bk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfV8SWp0bk0[/video]

Kay

Sep 12, 2010
The underpass is done now, well it's usable. You can see workers finishing it off as you drive past. I wonder how many days I've spent trying to get past Simpang Siur. :icon_smile:

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
I see motorcycle lanes here in Singaraja and like the traffic lights and other road signs most people ignore them. I'm thinking it will be an even bigger project getting the motorcycles to use their designated lanes.

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
2 bit 40k a year journo got an invitation to Bali for praising up a project. Ive met girls at 7am out the front of the old JJs in JKT with a tonne more self respect.

"Equipment had to be floated out a high tide"????????? wtf? Didn't they build a service road and completely cut off the flow of the harbour to facilitate heavy haulage logistics?

beat the drum.

C

CanonMan

The road surface on the lanes of the underpass at Siampang Siur has to be one of the bumpiest new roads I've ever witnessed or are they just opening the lanes for now to ease the flow? Sure that can't be the finished article?

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
The road surface on the lanes of the underpass at Siampang Siur has to be one of the bumpiest new roads I've ever witnessed or are they just opening the lanes for now to ease the flow? Sure that can't be the finished article?
You're not the only one complaining, Mark. From Balidiscovery.com

The chairman of the Bali Chapter of the National Association of Contractors, Wayan Adnyana, says, “In my opinion the uneven quality of the cement in underpass is due to one of two possible causes. It was either not built in accordance the original design plans (bestek) or the workmanship is of inferior quality."

The contractors may be forced to rip it up and start again. Full story here: Bali News: Bumpy Road Ahead

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
This being the tropics and asphalt being basically a liquid I expect it all to be at the bottom of the incline in several months time. That will flatten out the ride though - tough on those with high loads.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ, USA is hotter in summer than Bali and yet they still managed to mix asphalt with recycled tires to produce an excellent surface on all the surrounding hi-ways. It eliminates tire noise, creates a very smooth surface and reduces tire waste in the landfills or the atmosphere.

National pride was boasted by the Director of Marga Bali Tol in Bali Daily today, who said "Not one foreigner was involved in the (tol) project, from its planning to its supervision. It is totally designed by Indonesian people."

I hope he doesn't need to eat his words!

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
I just hope there will be no flooding when garbage stuck the drains (common thing evrywhere else)... on the street going under ... Building roads aint rocket science .. .but requires "little" common sense and brain I guess (beside college degree) !