Video of tourist screaming at immigration goes viral

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I don't get it. She is a UK citizen that overstayed her visa to stay in Indonesia by many months...what's her excuse?
in any event she needs to be charged with assault.

Reactions: tel522

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
I don't get it. She is a UK citizen that overstayed her visa to stay in Indonesia by many months...what's her excuse?
in any event she needs to be charged with assault.

Here here ,

hope she enjoys the food in "Hotel kerobakan"

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
I think that maybe I understand what is going on without sound. Immigration always counts both the day you arrive and the day you try to leave EACH as one day rather than a 24 hour period. They then charge (in the past) 200,000.rp per day of overstay .
This lovely creature is undoubtedly protesting the count!
Her outrage has to do with money.........hers! Although it has happened to me I can understand her not agreeing with the math, but doubt if her methods produced the desired results.

lush4111

Jul 28, 2015
I guess it can't have been a $99 Jetstar flight that she is all upset about. Haha, unless she had paid for food, extra baggage and a blanket!

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Here is a middle class person from a cultural background of having servants. Unfortunately in many Indian homes where there are servants the servants rise at first light and are last to bed. They are often abused verbally and physically. I hate to imagine how she treats her own servants. Yes, I see she is a UK citizen but that does not preclude her having wrangled someone into the country who becomes a slave. And if she no longer has servants perhaps her anger is exacerbated by having gone to live in such a rotten country as the UK. I wonder what she will take from this experience? I doubt it will be humility. Probably a heightened sense of the "injustice" of it all.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
No doubt she will be blacklisted, in addition to whatever additional punishment she receives. Thankfully another rotten person won't ever be coming back to Indonesia.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
I think that maybe I understand what is going on without sound. Immigration always counts both the day you arrive and the day you try to leave EACH as one day rather than a 24 hour period. They then charge (in the past) 200,000.rp per day of overstay .
Her outrage has to do with money.........hers! Although it has happened to me I can understand her not agreeing with the math, but doubt if her methods produced the desired results.

What are you talking about? She had overstayed the 30 days of her free visa in Indonesia by more than 60 days!

davita

Mar 13, 2012
What are you talking about? She had overstayed the 30 days of her free visa in Indonesia by more than 60 days!

Actually, her 30 day free vise expired in late February so counting to determine the validity is moot. Counting to determine the fine is what is reasonable but I'm thinking it may go beyond a simple fine. I cannot remember details but there is a point where an overstay becomes a criminal offence. Anyone remember how many days/months?

Immigration also reported the assault on an officer to the police so, even after she has satisfied Immigration's fine, she might face a police charge.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I've been trying to find latest news on this episode but failed.
In the process I did find Emerhub's ad and advice for overstaying beyond 60 days and saw the irony and amusement....

"Once you have overstayed the 60 days, officials will investigate as well as question you thoroughly. This also means you are no longer welcome in the country for re-entry for a certain time. This can be months as well as years, depending on the decision of the officials. If this is already the stage you are in, show regret about what has happened. Also be as kind and humble as you can towards the officials who are handling your case. "

Good advice this lady should have had in mind....:mad: