rickerw

Nov 15, 2011
Denpasar near Sanur
www.rickerwinsor.com
I play fingerpicking style Delta Blues and also Bossa Nova and American Folk Music and I sing in a few languages. I have been playing in cafes and various venues for over twenty years and have produced 3 cd's so far. I am interested in knowing about the venues in Bali that might be interested in what I do. My wife is Indonesian and we live in Denpasar near Sanur. Thank you very much. Ricker Winsor.
Here is a link to the Music page of my website:
Ricker Winsor - Artist/Musician

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hey Ricker welcome to the voice of paradise.

We hermits up here in the far east of the island around Candi Dasa seem to be part of a growing little music scene as over the last couple of years there are more and more good music venues opening up their doors to both local and foreign bands and styles. Vincents has a very popular Jazz evening that is well frequented on the first Thursday of each month with mixed groups of musicians from all over. We also have some good sounds coming from the Crazy Kangeroo (mixed), The Queen (Reggae) and last but not least the little Mexican restaurant Nau Mai with some great and heartfelt blues and rock.

Let us now if you decide to brave the wilds of East Bali for a gig.

Tell em Markit sent you.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Interesting question. We like to go to a number of music venues in Ubud. Two stand out as being places where visiting musicians can do a few gigis.

Bar Luna (which is linked Casa Luna) has events on Tuesdays and Thursdays - these can be music or spoken word like book or poetry readings. They have a monthly program which is on the web at Bar Luna ? Casa Luna Bali. They seem to be easily able to accommodate visiting musicians.

Jazz Cafe (which is linked with Laughing Buddha Bar) has music every night except Monday and is another place that provides a home for visiting musicians. Their website is Jazz Cafe Bali.

Other music venues in Ubud include Warung Lezat (see https://www.facebook.com/lezat.ubud.bali); Mokos @ Mina (see https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mokos-Mina/; XL Shisha Lounge (see XL Shisha Lounge Ubud Bali - Home; and CP Lounge.

A few of places have music once a week such as Fly Cafe (Fly Café - The Best Value Restaurant In Ubud Bali), and Red Rocket Beer House.

rickerw

Nov 15, 2011
Denpasar near Sanur
www.rickerwinsor.com
Hi Markit,
Thanks for the great information and we will definitely look you up in the Candi Dasa area. We are interested in exploring the far reaches of the island for a possible future move out of the crowded south end. We will be in touch. Ricker

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Hi agaiin Ricker. Just checked your website and soundcloud tracks. I suggest that Bar Luna would be an excellent venue for you, but because they do monthly programs ahead you need to contact them now for July or fairly soon for August. If you provide your website info and soundcloud tracks, they should be able to judge. Video clips would be good too. At the bottom of the program page (link in message above) there is a "contact us" option. I look forward to hearing you at Bar Luna.

scruffy

Jun 20, 2013
IF you are staying in the "crowded south end", look up scruffymurphysbali.com we have various types of live bands/performers playing.

scruffy

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Just a drop of vermouth in the mix - you do know that working (whether you enjoy it or not) here in Bali in any way, shape or form is illegal for us foreigners?

Gozer

Jul 1, 2013
Denpasar, Bali
I don't really go out to cafes so I can't help with that but my wife and I were at Proffito it had live music. It had a sort of open mic/bar feel to it because he let some guy in the audience take his guitar and play a song. It might work for you.

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
If you play Rock music I have friends who play in Legian that are good and would be happy for you to come and Sing with them this Friday.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
In Ubud, Lezat is currently more active -see https://www.facebook.com/lezat.ubud.bali. They welcome anyone joining them to sing or on guitar, harmonica, or whatever. The long-running group on Mondays is Cooltones, a recent group on Wednesdays is Onik and 12 bars (we like them), and visiting from Bandung on Fridays is Marginary. Sanur to Ubud is about 45 min, and street parking at Lezat is not a problem.