Vaccine passport / evidence of vaccines

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
There is an Indonesian contact tracing app which also has a record of your vaccination status. This however needs a KTP number and for those of us who just use a passport this is not accepted. Has anyone without a KPT managed to get this app working to evidence vaccine status?
I have the paper certificate but this is far from professional looking and I doubt will be accepted in Australia easily.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I have heard of people entering their passport number when they registered to get the vaccine. I am not sure if it works in the app though. Probably the app developers didn't think of this scenario. Worth a try though. Or contact the health department in Australia and see what they recommend.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
There is an Indonesian contact tracing app which also has a record of your vaccination status. This however needs a KTP number and for those of us who just use a passport this is not accepted. Has anyone without a KPT managed to get this app working to evidence vaccine status?
I have the paper certificate but this is far from professional looking and I doubt will be accepted in Australia easily.
If you are referring to the website: https://pedulilindungi.id/ (there is also a related contact tracing app)... Yes it requires a NIK, which is the personal id number found on the KTP and also SKTT for foreigners on Kitas. Passport number won't work.

Reactions: Zimbo

John M

Sep 29, 2020
Sanur, Bali
Greetings everyone;
Today I read an article on the Indonesia Expat website which revealed that there is now a way for foreigners to register their overseas vaccinations on the Peduli LIndungi app which is rapidly becoming the only way to gain entry to malls, supermarkets and probably everywhere else soon.
I have one Australian vaccination certificate and one Bali Mandara one that was registered against my passport number and not my NIK number, despite being asked for it, so it doesn't appear in PeduliLindungi so I gained access to Mal Bali Galeria on Monday by showing printed certificates but I've been reading various reports that some places won't accept printed certificates because, surprise surprise, there are fake ones available to buy if you know where.
I went to the site link in the Indonesia Expat article and registered (note: you have to be registered in the Peduli Lindungi system first) then just had to enter my personal details (note: the drop down date-of-birth selector can only be reversed one month at a time so I had to click the 'Back' arrow 816 times :), nationality and passport number (no Indonesian address, NIK or visa details are required) then select the number, type and dates of the vaccinations. Then I had to upload a copy of my passport picture page and my vaccination certificates. I loaded my Bali Mandara certificate too as the system didn't seem to insist on foreign ones only.
Then you just click 'Submit' and it apparently goes to someone who verifies your details and uploads them into the PeduliLIndungi database so that they can be called up on demand instead of carrying some sweat-soaked A4 paper certificates that may or may not be accepted around with you. :)

Reactions: matsaleh

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
he drop down date-of-birth selector can only be reversed one month at a time so I had to click the 'Back' arrow 816 times

Thanks for that info. I was about to do this and my wife pointed out you can select the date and then it is easy to select the year without having to go back how many hundred times.

Any idea how long it takes to get verified?

John M

Sep 29, 2020
Sanur, Bali
At this stage it hasn’t happened yet and I’m presuming it will be waktu karet as usual :)

Update: It has been one month now, nothing has happened and I have emailed PeduliLIndungi several times but never got a reply.
After completing the original vaccine certificate registration I got a message saying "Your verification request is still waiting approval. If you're a foreign national please check your verification progress at your respective embassy"'.
I emailed the Australian Embassy in Jakarta today and they replied promptly saying "We are aware that if you attempt to access the registration portal you may be asked to contact your Embassy for ‘verification.’ We have yet to receive advice on what this ‘verification’ requires and continue to make urgent enquiries with local authorities."
It seems that the embassy's understanding is that the applicant is supposed to ask for verification from their embassy while the PeduliLindungi message implies that they will seek verification. Perhaps something gets lost in the translation but it's certain that the Australian Embassy for one doesn't know what's supposed to happen.
And this is the app that has been announced as mandatory for tourists to use after the big re-opening!

Last edited:

John M

Sep 29, 2020
Sanur, Bali
Update again: After having long since given up on getting my Australian vaccination certificate into the PeduliLindungi (PL) system I received an email last week, fourteen weeks to the day when I initially uploaded it for the promised "within three business days" approval, notifying me that my certificate has been approved.
Everything that I had previously read implied that my certificate would be added to the PL database at their end after it was approved but it turns out that they actually sent a link with instructions as to how to 'claim' the certificate either within the PL phone app or the PL website.
I first logged into the PL website and filled in a 'claim' form with my details but when I clicked the 'Claim' button it came back with 'Date of birth entered does not match the date in our records'.
I tried several times in both the website and the phone app until it locked me out with a 'Too many attempts - try again tomorrow' message - the next day was the same of course.
The date in the website certificate claim form is in the format 'DD/MM/YYYY' and in the phone app it's 'MM/DD/YYYY' while in the actual PL profile data it's 'YYYY/MM/DD' so I think that's the problem.
I then emailed 'sertifikat@pedulilindungi.id' explaining the problem and was pleasantly surprised to get an immediate reply asking for me to send them a photo ID, a copy of my certificate and various profile data. I immediately did so and since their original reply message ended with the plea of 'Please be willing to wait' I'm now waiting - but hopefully not for another fourteen weeks :)

PS: Although my certificate isn't available to view or download in the PL system by some miracle my profile now shows 'First dose vaccinated' (I actually have a second Bali vax certificate that's also in PL limbo somewhere) and I can successfully scan the QR codes at the entrances to malls and supermarkets which is really all I wanted anyway.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Having received 2 Pfizer vacs in the US prior to returning to Bali in Nov. was waiting to get a booster when understood that a new batch would be available here to Indonesians this month, and available to foreigners later at a price. Snooping around the govt. buildings in the Renon Denpasar area this week was able to obtain a Moderna vac at no cost. The opportunity to get Moderna was certainly a bonus, and thought it may be appreciated news by others as well.

Reactions: spicyayam

John M

Sep 29, 2020
Sanur, Bali
Having received 2 Pfizer vacs in the US prior to returning to Bali in Nov. was waiting to get a booster when understood that a new batch would be available here to Indonesians this month, and available to foreigners later at a price. Snooping around the govt. buildings in the Renon Denpasar area this week was able to obtain a Moderna vac at no cost. The opportunity to get Moderna was certainly a bonus, and thought it may be appreciated news by others as well.
That is good news because I live in Sanur and have been trying to figure out how to get a booster too and while vax surfing online yesterday I had a win with figuring out how to get my Bali vaccination certificate registered in Australia. (I'm visiting Australia soon and discovered that I couldn't get a booster there until I had two certificates registered in the Australian Immunisation Register).
Previously Australian residents who were vaccinated overseas had to take their foreign certificate to a doctor or vaccination clinic within Australia, they check it for authenticity and then they upload it into the Australian Immunisation Register.
Now there is a new company (run by a group of Australian doctors) — Travelcert.com.au — that has a website where you upload your passport, a picture of yourself holding your passport, your overseas certificate and, if you have one, your Medicare card.
It costs AU$74.70 with GST ($96.80 for a resident without a Medicare card) which is probably the minimum of what it would cost for a doctor in Australia to do it anyway (certificate verification isn’t not covered by Medicare it seems). I only had one certificate, my first was in Australia, but it looks like the cost only covers one as there was only one certificate upload link available.
I uploaded my stuff yesterday afternoon and received confirmation and an official Australian COVID-19 Digital Vaccine Certificate less than an hour later (slightly better than PeduliLindungi which took 14 weeks to verify my Australian one) but I don't suppose there's a great deal of demand yet so that will probably increase.
I was then able to go into the MyGov website, link the certificate to my Medicare record and download a QR code protected International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate which is valid for entry into most countries — they even have links to save it for offline access and to add it to Apple Wallet.
Note: They also offer this service for foreigners visiting Australia (where most venues now require a digital vaccination certificate as a condition of entry) but of course it costs twice as much but the benefit for both foreigners and Australians arriving in Australia is that instead of joining a long queue of people trying to get their foreign vaccination certificates approved they can just breeze through with their official digital certificate.
PS: In Australia if your first two shots were AstraZeneca you can't get an AstraZeneca booster without a doctor's certificate, it has to be Pfizer or Moderna. They say it's because not enough research has been done about the efficacy of a third AZ shot.

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
That is good news because I live in Sanur and have been trying to figure out how to get a booster too and while vax surfing online yesterday I had a win with figuring out how to get my Bali vaccination certificate registered in Australia. (I'm visiting Australia soon and discovered that I couldn't get a booster there until I had two certificates registered in the Australian Immunisation Register).
Previously Australian residents who were vaccinated overseas had to take their foreign certificate to a doctor or vaccination clinic within Australia, they check it for authenticity and then they upload it into the Australian Immunisation Register.
Now there is a new company (run by a group of Australian doctors) — Travelcert.com.au — that has a website where you upload your passport, a picture of yourself holding your passport, your overseas certificate and, if you have one, your Medicare card.
It costs AU$74.70 with GST ($96.80 for a resident without a Medicare card) which is probably the minimum of what it would cost for a doctor in Australia to do it anyway (certificate verification isn’t not covered by Medicare it seems). I only had one certificate, my first was in Australia, but it looks like the cost only covers one as there was only one certificate upload link available.
I uploaded my stuff yesterday afternoon and received confirmation and an official Australian COVID-19 Digital Vaccine Certificate less than an hour later (slightly better than PeduliLindungi which took 14 weeks to verify my Australian one) but I don't suppose there's a great deal of demand yet so that will probably increase.
I was then able to go into the MyGov website, link the certificate to my Medicare record and download a QR code protected International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate which is valid for entry into most countries — they even have links to save it for offline access and to add it to Apple Wallet.
Note: They also offer this service for foreigners visiting Australia (where most venues now require a digital vaccination certificate as a condition of entry) but of course it costs twice as much but the benefit for both foreigners and Australians arriving in Australia is that instead of joining a long queue of people trying to get their foreign vaccination certificates approved they can just breeze through with their official digital certificate.
PS: In Australia if your first two shots were AstraZeneca you can't get an AstraZeneca booster without a doctor's certificate, it has to be Pfizer or Moderna. They say it's because not enough research has been done about the efficacy of a third AZ shot.

Do not pay for this service.

I have arrived in Australia last weekend. You book in for the vaccine of your choice. Take your Indonesian certificate for dose 1 & 2.

The vaccine station enters it on my gov for free and you get the booster there and then. It is all free. The government site says allows 10 days for it to show on my gov, mine took 30 minutes.

Your certificate does not need to be on my gov first. As long as you take it with you.

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh

I don't know who John M is but reads like an advert to me. Also should add if you don't have a Medicare card, no problem. You still get the vaccine for free.
If for any reason you can't use your state app no problem you take certificate with you ( photo on the phone ) you don't pay anyone. Also a gp or anyone else should not be charging.

A scam to take money off people in my view

John M

Sep 29, 2020
Sanur, Bali
Do not pay for this service.

I have arrived in Australia last weekend. You book in for the vaccine of your choice. Take your Indonesian certificate for dose 1 & 2.

The vaccine station enters it on my gov for free and you get the booster there and then. It is all free. The government site says allows 10 days for it to show on my gov, mine took 30 minutes.

Your certificate does not need to be on my gov first. As long as you take it with you.
Please be assured that I'm not advertising so stop playing Elvis' Suspicious Minds.
My post was about getting a foreign vaccination certificate verified, not getting the vaccination, which I know is free which is why I didn't say that GPs charged for a vaccination - they charge to verify a foreign certifcate.
The reason that the online service charges a different price for holders of a Medicare card is that viewing, approving and uploading a foreign vaccination certificate gets billed as a general consultation, maybe your doctor will do it for free but mine certainly won't — I checked — and there's a Medicare rebate for a standard consultation that obviously can't be applied to someone who doesn't have a Medicare card.
As for getting the actual booster, and proof of previous vaccinations, your clinic must have a different policy than mine because the one that I use in Brisbane states on their website:
"If you have had your 2 doses at another clinic you MUST BRING PROOF from MyGov app [sic] or we will not vaccinate you." so for me it was more convenient, faster and slightly cheaper to use this service.
However my primary concern was that my local Bali certificate looks like it was made by a school child, it has no QR code, therefore easily faked and has never appeared in PeduliLindungi — which I presume would be applicable to the Australian travel declaration question "Do you have additional evidence of your COVID-19 vaccinations?" — so I didn't see any point of risking a Djokovic type situation after arriving in Australia when I could have it certified, or possibly know that it wasn't good enough, and get an International Vaccination Certificate before I went — sometimes the cheapest way isn't necessarily the best.

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
Welcome to 1984. Papers please!

I am holding out against this medical fascism as long as i can. Why aren't people raging against this tyranny? Millions in Europe are. Look at tbe demos in Holland and Spain and many otber countries. You now must take part in a drug trial if you want to go shopping? You guys are all ok with that?
Vaccines dont stop people from catching and spreading the virus. It is a private health decision to get vaxxed, not a public one. So what is the point of these mandates? It is obviously nothing to do with public health. I get that vaxxed people dont get as sick and probably dont need hospitalisation. But neitber do people with natural immunity but nobody is talking about that. People make bad health decisions all the time but dont get socially punished. You ride a motorbike? Statistically you are more likely to end up in hospital than somebody who doesnt but nobody is suggesting you should be banned from getting a hamburger? The world has descended into mass hysteria.

I think i will move to Florida. Get a ticket to Mexico and walk across the border. Joe will buy me a ticket to Miami.

Get me another Bintang vaccine.

Last edited:

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
Please be assured that I'm not advertising so stop playing Elvis' Suspicious Minds.
My post was about getting a foreign vaccination certificate verified, not getting the vaccination, which I know is free which is why I didn't say that GPs charged for a vaccination - they charge to verify a foreign certifcate.
The reason that the online service charges a different price for holders of a Medicare card is that viewing, approving and uploading a foreign vaccination certificate gets billed as a general consultation, maybe your doctor will do it for free but mine certainly won't — I checked — and there's a Medicare rebate for a standard consultation that obviously can't be applied to someone who doesn't have a Medicare card.
As for getting the actual booster, and proof of previous vaccinations, your clinic must have a different policy than mine because the one that I use in Brisbane states on their website:
"If you have had your 2 doses at another clinic you MUST BRING PROOF from MyGov app [sic] or we will not vaccinate you." so for me it was more convenient, faster and slightly cheaper to use this service.
However my primary concern was that my local Bali certificate looks like it was made by a school child, it has no QR code, therefore easily faked and has never appeared in PeduliLindungi — which I presume would be applicable to the Australian travel declaration question "Do you have additional evidence of your COVID-19 vaccinations?" — so I didn't see any point of risking a Djokovic type situation after arriving in Australia when I could have it certified, or possibly know that it wasn't good enough, and get an International Vaccination Certificate before I went — sometimes the cheapest way isn't necessarily the best.
Thanks that clarifies it. I am in South Australia. However you can still take your certificate to a vaccine centre and have it added to my gov, that is not state dependant but a federal pathway. That is free. Covid is costing us all to much. Don't pend unnecessary to companies who charge for free services.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I think i will move to Florida. Get a ticket to Mexico and walk across the border. Joe will buy me a ticket to Miami.

Either your geography is off or you are after one helluva walk.

Maybe fly to El Paso

tel522

Oct 30, 2015

I am holding out against this medical fascism as long as i can. Why aren't people raging against this tyranny? Millions in Europe are. Look at tbe demos in Holland and Spain and many otber countries. You now must take part in a drug trial if you want to go shopping? You guys are all ok with that?
Vaccines dont stop people from catching and spreading the virus. It is a private health decision to get vaxxed, not a public one. So what is the point of these mandates? It is obviously nothing to do with public health. I get that vaxxed people dont get as sick and probably dont need hospitalisation. But neitber do people with natural immunity but nobody is talking about that. People make bad health decisions all the time but dont get socially punished. You ride a motorbike? Statistically you are more likely to end up in hospital than somebody who doesnt but nobody is suggesting you should be banned from getting a hamburger? The world has descended into mass hysteria.

Ya ya ya

RossM

Jan 19, 2022

If it has 'nothing to do with public health', what is it about?

Please don't say 'One World Government' or 'New World Order.'

JackStraw

Mar 14, 2017
If it has 'nothing to do with public health', what is it about?

Please don't say 'One World Government' or 'New World Order.'

Come on, all that new world order shit and one-world government nonsense are complete and utter bullshit conspiracy theories. But you know what is not a conspiracy theory? Money (and the fact mankind is addicted to it).

Sure, this vaccine push is mostly for the benefit of public health but if you don't understand the ulterior motive of massive profit potential underneath this whole pandemic, then you don't get how society works.

I guarantee if Pfizer or any of these vax companies had to pay out of their own pocket to produce these life-saving vaccines for the benefit of public health, then there would be no vaccine. I guarantee you if the Indonesian government had to pay for everyone's quarantine upon arrival, then quarantine wouldn't even exist

We live in a fucked up world and those in charge will always take advantage of a situation to help them conveniently line their pockets.

Reactions: Balifrog

RossM

Jan 19, 2022
Come on, all that new world order shit and one-world government nonsense are complete and utter bullshit conspiracy theories. But you know what is not a conspiracy theory? Money (and the fact mankind is addicted to it).

Sure, this vaccine push is mostly for the benefit of public health but if you don't understand the ulterior motive of massive profit potential underneath this whole pandemic, then you don't get how society works.

I guarantee if Pfizer or any of these vax companies had to pay out of their own pocket to produce these life-saving vaccines for the benefit of public health, then there would be no vaccine. I guarantee you if the Indonesian government had to pay for everyone's quarantine upon arrival, then quarantine wouldn't even exist

We live in a fucked up world and those in charge will always take advantage of a situation to help them conveniently line their pockets.

I must not know how society works then. We won't agree.