Using an agent from day one to retire in Bali

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
Many great bits of advice about visas.And how to do it your self. But, I aint too bright. My Q. Can i arrive in Bali on the VOA, 30 days, go to an agent and he will be able to arrange everything for me, multiple entry and not have to leave Bali to renew visa at any time for visa purposes,if so, approximate cost? Im retired, over 70 with money in bank and over $30K PA pension. Thanking you in advance.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Yes. Arrive in Bali on VOA/Social/whatever arrange with your chosen agent and then you will need to leave country for telegram (yes! still) to arrive at your chosen embassy. Re-enter country with the 2 week (about) permission on your passport and then do the Imigrassi Two-step with your agent for 1 year retirement visa with multi entry and exit visa. You'll need to show medical insurance and NOT travel insurance, at least 20 million in an Indo bank account, proof of employing 1 or 2 locals, etc, etc. - your agent will know. Cost should be around 10 milli/year.

Kim26

May 12, 2013
Markit, good reply - short, sharp and punchy. Pretty much summarises much longer answers found to this question on the internet. Can you recommend an agent?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
My guy for the last 5 years (along with several other expats too) by the name of Tude (now a lawyer so can also get you out of jail) pm me for his telephone number if you wish.

SquarePeg

Jan 29, 2012
Sanur
Spot on Markit, although I have used annual travel insurance successfully for my Kitas for 4 years now. I hope that keeps up!

Reactions: Markit

Rob McKay

Mar 21, 2018
Yes. Arrive in Bali on VOA/Social/whatever arrange with your chosen agent and then you will need to leave country for telegram (yes! still) to arrive at your chosen embassy. Re-enter country with the 2 week (about) permission on your passport and then do the Imigrassi Two-step with your agent for 1 year retirement visa with multi entry and exit visa. You'll need to show medical insurance and NOT travel insurance, at least 20 million in an Indo bank account, proof of employing 1 or 2 locals, etc, etc. - your agent will know. Cost should be around 10 milli/year.
Markit, I’ve just received my KITAS using 1 year travel insurance policy. I sent a copy of the policy to my agent first and she checked it with immigration and they said it was ok. Comprehensive medical cover plus the usual other travel insurance cost me about 1400 AUD for 12 months.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Markit, I’ve just received my KITAS using 1 year travel insurance policy. I sent a copy of the policy to my agent first and she checked it with immigration and they said it was ok. Comprehensive medical cover plus the usual other travel insurance cost me about 1400 AUD for 12 months.
Yeah great, many do that but most travel insurance will only cover you for 30/60 days in the same country - if you only need it for the visa then OK but if you expect to have coverage I'd read the small print :)