Using agent to do eveything

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
Many great bits of advice about visas.And how to do it your self. But, I aint too bright. My Q. Can i arrive in Bali on the VOA, 30 days, go to an agent and he will be able to arrange everything for me, multiple entry and not have to leave Bali to renew visa at any time for visa purposes,if so, approximate cost? Im retired, over 70 with money in bank and over $30K PA pension. Thanking you in advance.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
A retirement visa must be collected at an embassy or consulate outside of Indonesia. If you come in on VOA, then contact an agent to arrange the retirement Kitas, it will have to be sent to another country to collect it.

If you're in another country at the moment, best is to contact an agent in Bali via email to arrange the Kitas and send it to the embassy/consulate closest to you. The going rate with most agents is IDR 8 to 9 million per year, including MERP (multiple exit/re-entry permit), renewable every year for a total of 5 years. You can come and go as you please, but you don't have to leave for 5 years.

Reactions: spicyayam

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
And just to add to Matsaleh's advice, you can only apply through an agent for the retirement visa. You have no choice to do it yourself. Apparently it is difficult to change agents later on, so you are kind of stuck with the one you start with. So choose wisely :) either by someone's recommendation or visiting them directly.

Reactions: matsaleh

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
A retirement visa must be collected at an embassy or consulate outside of Indonesia. If you come in on VOA, then contact an agent to arrange the retirement Kitas, it will have to be sent to another country to collect it.

If you're in another country at the moment, best is to contact an agent in Bali via email to arrange the Kitas and send it to the embassy/consulate closest to you. The going rate with most agents is IDR 8 to 9 million per year, including MERP (multiple exit/re-entry permit), renewable every year for a total of 5 years. You can come and go as you please, but you don't have to leave for 5 years.
many thanks.

Thaiman

May 15, 2014
And just to add to Matsaleh's advice, you can only apply through an agent for the retirement visa. You have no choice to do it yourself. Apparently it is difficult to change agents later on, so you are kind of stuck with the one you start with. So choose wisely :) either by someone's recommendation or visiting them directly.
Many thanks, currently in Oz,going to Bali next week on the 30 days, then back to oz late July for a visit, any suggestions for a decent agent?