Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I'm told there's a place in Kuta where you can get visas and passport stuff for the UK but when I go to the UK Embassy site they say renewals only by appointment in Jakarta. Any help thankfully accepted.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I read somewhere that all UK passports were renewed, in the Far East, by a company in Hong Kong and a courier service was needed to make the application. I understood this was the UK Govt plan for outsourcing... so they could eliminate the Civil Service Union 'jobs for life'.
My info may be out of date but worth a search.

EDIT. My info above IS out of date as from last 3 June 2014 (my birthday)...Passport renewal delays causing expat headaches - Telegraph

It appears ALL renewals are done in UK and can take up to 6 weeks...I also found that UK passports (EU) can be extended for 1 year...didn't know that. Mine has never been used and is 5 years out of date. I'll wait till UK leaves EU coz they will then need to issue another passport.

Last edited:

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
I reckon it would be simple to go to the British Consulate and check with them. To help you, the consulate is just past the Man Shed and before the mystery Italian "restaurant" that Paulseawind has been searching for.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Thanks all I have been informed that it takes anywhere from 8 weeks till never so will start soon for 2018...?!

Just send the wife on a UK shopping trip for some cheese and your Passport (with all paperwork done) for renewal .

this would keep her happy and you get more freedom to indulge in small brown women,more Bintang or whatever else you desire.maybe even visit to Lovely Sanur for lamb chops ,ribs and Cheese?

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
Finally we can beat the bloody English at something. My last passport renewal done at the Oz Consulate took 3 days.