Barry

Dec 13, 2014
Going on the many bad reports involving House Contractors, I was very lucky in finding mine.
From day one after signing the contract he has been nothing but honest and very professional and very understanding with me, as I have added and changed many things on the run and never a complaint from him.
We signed the contract February 2014 and he said the house would be completed end of February 2015, which it will be.
I can't praise this Contractor enough and will be using him again for sure, so have no problems in recommending him at all and will now only do so because our project is almost finished.
If anyone is interested, please ask and I will email his contact details
Barry

Barry

Dec 13, 2014
our house just out of Kulusa village

Hi, house being painted now, but this is a 3D image of how it will look.

4x bed, 5 x bathrooms, 24 meter open living area, 9 x 4 pool, three phase power etc.

Not quite the Balinese type home I planed?, but wife insisted on a few mods, so ended up with this design and a bit of luxury, were very happy with end result.

Total cost [including Notary costs] for completed house, pool, 70mt bore, UV machines for drinking and pool water came in at $200.000 AUD

Barry

Attachments

• Bali House 6.jpg
    Bali House 6.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 127

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Thanks so much. Does that price include the land or just the house? Looking forward to seeing pics when it's done. What part of Bali did you build in?

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Did the builder prepare a fixed quote and did he stick to it? I would be interested to know how you organized as the payments as most builders I know quit not long after getting their money, leaving the project unfinished.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Did the builder prepare a fixed quote and did he stick to it? I would be interested to know how you organized as the payments as most builders I know quit not long after getting their money, leaving the project unfinished.

The deep, dark secret is to not pay them till it's done how you like it...

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009

Barry

Dec 13, 2014
House Project

Thanks so much. Does that price include the land or just the house? Looking forward to seeing pics when it's done. What part of Bali did you build in?

Hi Markit

The land has been lent to me [30+ years] via a very close friend for free, [Yes I know but like all country's, there are still honest people around] our land contract was drawn up via a Notary of my choice.

The whole project has been carried out in a truly professional manner and I can't praise my Contractor enough.

The total $200.000 AUD costs is for the completed project. [no more to spend]

Will post picks when project is finished in February

Barry

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hi Markit

The land has been lent to me [30+ years] via a very close friend for free, [Yes I know but like all country's, there are still honest people around] our land contract was drawn up via a Notary of my choice.

The whole project has been carried out in a truly professional manner and I can't praise my Contractor enough.

The total $200.000 AUD costs is for the completed project. [no more to spend]

Will post picks when project is finished in February

Barry

Actually that's the way most projects go here Barry.

Unfortunately the ones you hear about most are those that have gone sour - they are thankfully the exception and not the rule, otherwise I wouldn't have stayed so long myself.

The island is full to breaking with simple, honest and quite beautiful people, and then there's us Bule...

Joseph.akiki

Jul 29, 2019
Going on the many bad reports involving House Contractors, I was very lucky in finding mine.
From day one after signing the contract he has been nothing but honest and very professional and very understanding with me, as I have added and changed many things on the run and never a complaint from him.
We signed the contract February 2014 and he said the house would be completed end of February 2015, which it will be.
I can't praise this Contractor enough and will be using him again for sure, so have no problems in recommending him at all and will now only do so because our project is almost finished.
If anyone is interested, please ask and I will email his contact details
Barry
Hello Barry, i know it’s been a while since your post, but i hope you still have the contact for this contractor.
Thank you

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Pardon my nasty skeptical mind but I suspect that the final finished product did not quite work out as the glowing praise seems to have meant it would. At the end is when these things tend to go wrong. If you want to build something here then I recommend you find a good architect, show him your plans and pay him to make them "Bali Standard". If you still like him then get him to find a crew to build the wall around your property. Then ask him to price the next stage (fundament/ground floor). By then you will have a really good idea of the work standard and honesty of all involved. Proceed on in that way - stage by stage and payment for work completed. In the end you will have the house you wanted and have full control of the price. AND you'll have more fun than you can imagine.