geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Just opened the app and typed in Seminyak address and lots of cars ,so it appears drivers are working.

kabouter

Feb 16, 2011
Those have been there for quite a while right? Anyone ever experienced being harassed by other drivers while being in an uber/grabcar? Some of the uber drivers I take don't want to go to the Canggu area since they say they are not allowed there and local transport will attack them, while others seem to be fine going there.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Since the "Uber" drivers are in normal cars how do the others know that they are "Uber" (also German for above/higher or slang for "extra" or "too much" haha) drivers?

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Since the "Uber" drivers are in normal cars how do the others know that they are "Uber" (also German for above/higher or slang for "extra" or "too much" haha) drivers?
A friend who uses Uber regularly told me that some of the Uber drivers will go to the "forbidden" areas only if their GPS units can be removed or hidden from view under the dashboard.

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
A friend who uses Uber regularly told me that some of the Uber drivers will go to the "forbidden" areas only if their GPS units can be removed or hidden from view under the dashboard.

I'm pretty sure all they use is a smart phone(the app is their software and GPS) from what I've seen.
So not hard to hide at all.

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney

A linguist who even knows the slang
What next Balinese, Javanese or even Glaswegian ?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali

So really nothing to distinguish them from the any old driver. Except they will get known to the other locals/Indonesians.

A linguist who even knows the slang
What next Balinese, Javanese or even Glaswegian ?

Working on my "dirty" Indonesian/Javanese already but will need a Glaswegian girlfriend for that "language" but I'd probably need a translator for her to it's gonna have to be a 3way and that sounds tiring.

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Working on my "dirty" Indonesian/Javanese already but will need a Glaswegian girlfriend for that "language" but I'd probably need a translator for her to it's gonna have to be a 3way and that sounds tiring.

Can highly recommend NOT I repeat NOT getting a Glaswegian girlfriend.
They answer back and other terrible things like that, it would not suit you.
Please stick to your Javanese , much more suited to your personality and more accommodating.

mrsgabry

Sep 8, 2009
Vienna/Nusa Dua
Good move Bali. Not. Women on motorbikes are getting haressed on a regular basis now. Especially in Canggu this is happening almost every day. Uber, GrabTaxi and Gojek are banned in this area. One brave woman managed to make a pic of the guy that harassed her. He was found and taken to police. Released again because of lacking evidence. WTF!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Gaby get Uber to list there "drivers" as "Security" staff. If they did that it might also embarrass the police in DPS to do something about the drive-by-grabbing that seems to be endemic in Cangu and Semenyuk.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
Uber Bali has a special promo from 8-15 February for free rides in the Denpasar area. Looks as if Uber doesn't give a toss about the ban.