Two weeks into my visit... I'm in love.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
The current Gilimanuk south highway is loaded with buses..........far more than I have ever seen before the 17 years I have travelled it. Though recent school breaks in Jawa accounted for some that is now over and can only be attributed to domestic tourist traffic. As some have mentioned, a theme park would fit right in with all the other inducements Bali provides. Much to my personal disappointment can understand domestic tourists being attracted.
With some decent weather hope to show pictures of the previously mentioned construction now being done that has to reflect a far larger project than a new highway alone.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Had the weather today, but lacked the ability to photo the vast area needed to convey some idea of what this project encompasses. The area is closed and guarded off to the extent needed to really get good shots. So will just have to await my opportunity. Sorry for my limitations for now, but if in this area turn off from Pekutaton on the road to Siririt in Buleleng, and the project can't be missed only about a kilometer from town.

Reactions: sakumabali

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
There's actually quite a few of these large "unnamed" projects going on on Bali at the moment. If you go up the main Sidemen road they're digging away at the mountain in several places and not just a nibble. If you head from there back into DPS you cross the large bridge near Gianyar where both sides are going full bore on both sides of that big river. Some BS about an arts center - never seen one of those with kilometers of cement culverts....

What's that old Chinese curse - to be born in "interesting" times?