Two weeks into my visit... I'm in love.

• Welcome to the newly upgraded forum. If you spot any problems or issues please post them here

Wijaya & Co is a full service Indonesian law firm principally engaged in the provision of wide-range legal service to international clients in Indonesia, for businesses, for families and individuals, and for Indonesian-Expatriate Couples.

We spend one-third of our lives sleeping. Therefore, it's important to invest in natural bedding products that are beneficial to support our health and well-being. Heveya® Bali does exactly that! After great success in Singapore and Hong Kong, we decided to bring the experience to Bali. Heveya® mattresses and pillows are made only with natural latex harvested from organic rubber plantations. No synthetic foam, metal springs and glues are used. This means you get to sleep comfortably and healthy in a non-toxic sleeping environment!

OrangeDragon

Feb 5, 2019
You know, as I was making the plans to move here I thought I had a pretty good idea of what I was in for, how much I would enjoy it, and so on.... Nope. I mean, yes... But more. From the absolute wonderfulness of most of the people, to the breathtaking beauty I wake up to every day... I can't get enough.

I made a pretty good tour of the island from southwest to north, and after landing in Lovina am disinclined to move much further. Pretty sure it's the ideal for me... Quiet, peaceful, no traffic, friendly people not constantly trying to sell me something (or someone), gently lapping waves for good swims and easy dives in crystal clear water over fun a life abundant reefs 5 min from shore. As for a place to live, seems idyllic.

Started off in Kuta/Legain/etc. Sure, fun place to visit if you're in the mood to party, and the big waves are pretty awesome to see. But the ocean/waves are just too hard to relax enjoy with someone trying to sell you something every 30 seconds, and I'm past my partying prime... 1 night of fun costs me 2 days of recovery.

Also popped in Ubud for a few days... Meh. Too much traffic, no ocean, expensive, loads of tourists, not what I'm looking for.

Heading to Sanur next, sadly to prepare to go home (to get my affairs in order for coming back)... So we'll see how I like it there... But as of now Lovina has my heart.

Reactions: McAdoo

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
Thanks for the report. I'm sure you are aware of the huge coal-fired power plant (Celukan Bawang) located only 20km west of Lovina...emitting fine particles travelling as far as Denpasar (although here in Denpasar that is not the main source of pollution).

Reactions: McAdoo

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
You know, as I was making the plans to move here I thought I had a pretty good idea of what I was in for, how much I would enjoy it, and so on.... Nope. I mean, yes... But more. From the absolute wonderfulness of most of the people, to the breathtaking beauty I wake up to every day... I can't get enough.

I made a pretty good tour of the island from southwest to north, and after landing in Lovina am disinclined to move much further. Pretty sure it's the ideal for me... Quiet, peaceful, no traffic, friendly people not constantly trying to sell me something (or someone), gently lapping waves for good swims and easy dives in crystal clear water over fun a life abundant reefs 5 min from shore. As for a place to live, seems idyllic.

Started off in Kuta/Legain/etc. Sure, fun place to visit if you're in the mood to party, and the big waves are pretty awesome to see. But the ocean/waves are just too hard to relax enjoy with someone trying to sell you something every 30 seconds, and I'm past my partying prime... 1 night of fun costs me 2 days of recovery.

Also popped in Ubud for a few days... Meh. Too much traffic, no ocean, expensive, loads of tourists, not what I'm looking for.

Heading to Sanur next, sadly to prepare to go home (to get my affairs in order for coming back)... So we'll see how I like it there... But as of now Lovina has my heart.
Not to piss off all the Lovinians here but bear also in mind the dry season in Lovina can be really dry. That means everything dead and brown up into the mountains - not every year, for sure but often enough to matter. Especially when you have to pay 1 million a week for a water truck. Sounds like you didn't make it to the east yet, worth a visit.

OrangeDragon

Feb 5, 2019
Not to piss off all the Lovinians here but bear also in mind the dry season in Lovina can be really dry. That means everything dead and brown up into the mountains - not every year, for sure but often enough to matter. Especially when you have to pay 1 million a week for a water truck. Sounds like you didn't make it to the east yet, worth a visit.
East is on the list to check out next trip in, I'll have some time before I really get settled into a more permanent spot. But thankfully the reefs don't dry up, so I'll be fine. ;-) As for a water truck, I'll just supplement with beer where called for.