ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
The first, a haridresser from the US
Zena Friedman says it's friends, family and complete strangers that kept her going, and possibly alive. The 63 year old was on her final day of vacation in Bali, Indonesia when she was hit by a taxi. She suffered a punctured lung, broken neck and ribs.
For a month she was in multiple overseas hospitals.
Her friend Tracey Auspitz helped lead the effort to help get Friedman medical attention and then back home.
"We had to take her from Bali to Malaysia which was 30 thousand dollars and find money for the surgeries in Malaysia and then finding the money to bring her back home. It was half way around the world, so it's been a three week effort of fund raising, public awareness."

Read more: Hairdresser victim of Hit and Run in Bali, Indonesia comes home

The second is a UK man injured by a motorbike accident in Bali in July
DOCTORS battling to save the life of an injured Overseal man are to perform further brain surgery in an effort to wake him from a semi-conscious state.
In a meeting between the family of Mathew Taylor (pictured) and the doctors at Nottingham’s Queen’s Medical Centre who are treating him, it was decided that the 30-year-old would undergo another operation tomorrow.
His aunt, Sandra Taylor, said: “The real worry about Mathew is that he has still not become fully conscious.
“The surgeons are still very positive and hopeful for Mathew’s eventual recovery and are going to perform an operation on Friday to try to resolve some problems they think there is with the fluid flow in Mathew’s brain.
“Like all operations there are the normal risks but they feel quite satisfied that this should be a procedure which should go relatively well.”
Mr Taylor suffered a near-fatal accident while he was riding a motorcycle in Bali in July.
Since then his family and friends have campaigned to bring him home, having to pay out more than £200,000 to cover his medical costs as he was uninsured at the time of the crash.
Mr Taylor is currently said to be comfortable, with a good temperature and normal vital signs.
Burton News & Staffordshire Newspaper | Burton On Trent Local Newspaper Headlines | Daily Mail | More brain surgery for Bali smash man

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
“Mathew does have a large scar across the top of his head and some denting at the side but his face appears unharmed and he looks just as you would expect.

So I can take it from this that this idiot did not have a Helmut:icon_wink: on or did he think his head was hard enough?

63 & doesn't travel with insurance? It must be true blonds:icon_e_sad: are dumb.

At the speed traffic goes around Bali or any big city how could you get into a accident that is so bad????
I must be getting too old:highly_amused:

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia
If you cant afford travel insurance you cant afford to travel.

God these people are silly.. And then make it societys problem and try put it on societys conscience to bring these people back home and cover the $200k debt because they wanted to save $100.00..

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
“Mathew does have a large scar across the top of his head and some denting at the side but his face appears unharmed and he looks just as you would expect.

So I can take it from this that this idiot did not have a Helmut:icon_wink: on or did he think his head was hard enough?

It must be so comforting to be SO self-righteous. How do you know that Mathew did not wear a helmet? Often, the helmet may fall off or simply break under the shock of the impact. Anyway, I would guess that you have NEVER done something silly...:icon_rolleyes:

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
It must be so comforting to be SO self-righteous. How do you know that Mathew did not wear a helmet? Often, the helmet may fall off or simply break under the shock of the impact. Anyway, I would guess that you have NEVER done something silly...:icon_rolleyes:

Often, the helmet may fall off:highly_amused: you are joking right?

simply break under the shock of the impact, so your saying he was going that fast when he hit something with his front wheel, it catapulted him that fast his helmet broke, have you ever rode a motor bike in Indonesia?

The normal motor bike crash here is a small dingle, they hoop up knock the dust off & go on there way, the people that get killed hit something, shoot out from behind a truck & hit a car or bus, try to go some were they don't fit & get run over by a truck.

Motor bikes here are not allowed on the motorways so you are always in traffic doing 30k's. Now if you told me he was a tourist, wearing board shorts & thongs, going down padma st & he hit a open door of a taxi & used this head to break his fall I would believe it.
Me do something silly NEVER, I may have lost some skin, broken bones but never lost my helmet. Yeah I was going fast so I may have been silly:icon_mrgreen:.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
The first, a haridresser from the US

Zena Friedman says it's friends, family and complete strangers that kept her going, and possibly alive. The 63 year old was on her final day of vacation in Bali, Indonesia when she was hit by a taxi. She suffered a punctured lung, broken neck and ribs.
For a month she was in multiple overseas hospitals.
Her friend Tracey Auspitz helped lead the effort to help get Friedman medical attention and then back home.
"We had to take her from Bali to Malaysia which was 30 thousand dollars and find money for the surgeries in Malaysia and then finding the money to bring her back home. It was half way around the world, so it's been a three week effort of fund raising, public awareness."
Read more: Hairdresser victim of Hit and Run in Bali, Indonesia comes home

So tin tin could you put a little light how a 63yo(with no travel insurance) gets hit by a taxi & suffers such bad injures????