Prim

Sep 2, 2014
Hi,

I want to ask if anybody knows a Tukang Bangunan that is available for work?

My mother had a house built in 1997, the floors are all wooden decking. The way he built the floor is, simple wooden decking above the original soil in which the land was bought, with the bearers being elevated by the footers.
It is very humid under there as there is practically no ventilation, this has consequently resulted in Wet Rot of the bearers.

At first my mother tried getting on the builder to discuss the matter, but he disregarded her completely, nor did he even want to have a decent discussion about the matter, he just kept hanging up his phone. This made me crack the sh*ts at him, in a very aggressive fashion.

At first I though it was termites and so I said to him via SMS "I thought this was wood that would not be eaten by termites?" but he said "No, it is Wet Rot as it is very humid and damp under the decking, it is not termites."
After much research and looking into it, it turns out he is right, it is Wet Rot. Something that could have been easily avoided if he had installed appropriate ventilation OR used cement as the bearers OR laid a concrete slab down OR OR OR etc. Which begs the remark "You stupid Mr. Builder!". I was only a 7 year old boy at the time of construction, what did I know, but either way I am left to pick up the pieces as my mother has grown senile.

Several months ago I started to grow suspicious after realising the kitchen counter was dipping down a few centimeters, and so I crawled under the house (something I would never have any reason to do), and this is when this whole ordeal started. I proceeded to crack the sh*ts at the builder (as described above), before hiring some local builder to build cement columns and cement beams on top of the columns to rest underneath the joists (as the bearers were about to give way), so essentially these are acting as the new bearers.
NOW, the joists are giving way, and I can't find a builder (Tukang Bangunan)!
I had a construction company (PT) come in and give me a quote of $15,000, to which I thought "You are a fool to take me for a fool" and proceeded to say "Let me have a think, I will get back to you." (not). I've also had some sole traders come in with more attempts to ridiculously rip me off (I know it come's with the territory here, I will stand for 150% "margin of rip off", but some of these guys man, f*ck)

Now I have gone to the timber yard, bought some timber, bought a jig saw from Ace hardware, and am installing new joists myself with some cheapo 5x7cm Kamper wood (cement bearers are 2m apart, I have done a weight test of 230kg per joist and it has held strong).... But I am no builder, and this is only a temporary measure as this wood will eventually be subjected to the forces of nature, and so I need a Tukang Bangunan to lay down some steel reinforced cement that only TNT could destroy.

The details of this ordeal are 10 fold more in depth than it is described above, but I do not have the patience to word it and structure out my paragraphs into some timeline in the fashion of an incident report - BUT - please take my word for it when I say that the original builder "F*cked up" big time.

I know it was 16 years ago, but could a Professional Liability lawsuit not be filed?

At the "christening" of the house, among the good spirits of warm fuzziness and all that sh*t, he said to my mother "This house has a life time warranty."... I'm no fool, that is not realistic, but every 16 years do we need to replace the floors? Come on! Is that how you build your houses?

SO:

ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD TUKANG BANGUNAN (sole trader)? That will just smash out work with fair-ish compensation in mind.

P.s - Mr Builder, if you happen to read this, I'm going to be looking into this Professional Liability thing. Material, Immaterial - If there are grounds, I will come after you for all the damages I can claim. Last night I was awoken by cold sweats, I dreamt that I was under the deck scratching away at the joists as though they had the density of burn toast... OR alternatively, take responsibility; unless you are dead broke then be a MAN and straight up say "I am so sorry, I do not have the funds to correct my mistake" instead of hanging up the phone or pretending that the cell reception is bad and all that other hoop-la.

Man, f*ck, I thought old school motherf*ckers were meant to be courteous and decent.

Last edited:

Prim

Sep 2, 2014
RE: Admins P.M - Removal of builders name, in which I mentioned, due to legal concerns.

A matter of litigation regrading "Defamation of Character", requires one to speak falsely.

Regardless how ever, I understand that your perceived risk is not one that you wish to bare.

Please remove the whole thread, as it now lacks coherency without the name in which you removed from my post.

Thanks.

Peter Ka

Mar 31, 2010
Should be around $100 per m2. Removing floor boards (hopefully to be used again). Building temporary supports for load bearing walls and collumns. Removing old rafters and supports. Digging 100 cm for permanent support of walls and build that support with stones and reinforced concrete. Digging 30cm for slab and built the slap with reinforced concrete. Install new rafters (must be Ulin wood dried to 15% mc) on that. Install salvaged planks.

Please don't hire the village tukang to do this. It would help for a recommendations if you write were this place is.

Don't bother pursuing claims unless it is a VERY well known builder and you have a written "Life time Guaranty".

Prim

Sep 2, 2014
Peter Ka,

I don't quite follow what you're saying. The walls extend all the way to the ground, built up from the concrete footers/foundation, the bricks/walls are not on top of the deck. The only thing the floor/deck is bearing the load of, is the furniture and people who walk on it (bathrooms are cement slabs).

I'm no builder, but I played with glue and Popsicle sticks as a kid. I reckon 6x12cm Ulin beams cut to 200cm (because these new cement bearers I had put in are spaced by 200cm), then slip them through from underneath (without ripping up the floor boards), have the floor raised up with a couple car jacks placed under a temp beam running adjacent to the joists (it's still holding good enough for now, ETA 3 months before all goes to sh*t), then hold the new Ulin joists in place with a couple chips of wood underneath on either end, lower the car jacks for a nice snug fit, job done.

A "Village Tukang" is sufficiently qualified for the task, unless this is Rocket Science and I got a > or < placed wrongly in my formula and I can't see it? (rhetorical)

He is a VERY well known builder, and the way he built the house has resulted in the potential for this problem to eventually happen on an inevitable basis. He built it wrong, the guy is a dud, hope he has Professional Indemnity because this is a clear cut case; but tot the floors first, litigation after.

Cheers for your response.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Dude I get the feeling you are trying to "tech" us all to fecking death? No one but you can see your stupid floor or your idiot builder so save the rant for your morning mirror.

If you want a new floor then poor fucking concrete over the steel you laid down on top of the original (shitty) floor. Go off to the Gillis for a week - get laid (twice!) when you come back lay the stupid wood that you've bought on top of the nicely cured concrete and move Mama's raggety ass back in. JOB FUCIN DONE!!

Now if you want the builder to spend his remaining days in a wheelchair then PM Smoke - he's your boy.

Prim

Sep 2, 2014
Dude I get the feeling you are trying to "tech" us all to fecking death? No one but you can see your stupid floor or your idiot builder so save the rant for your morning mirror.

If you want a new floor then poor fucking concrete over the steel you laid down on top of the original (shitty) floor. Go off to the Gillis for a week - get laid (twice!) when you come back lay the stupid wood that you've bought on top of the nicely cured concrete and move Mama's raggety ass back in. JOB FUCIN DONE!!

Now if you want the builder to spend his remaining days in a wheelchair then PM Smoke - he's your boy.

Well that was irrelevant..... Y u so angwy at yourself? :(

Maybe you need to go to Gili and "Get laid twice!", your misses obviously ain't putting out for you.

Last edited:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Not angry, just sound advice to the down-hearted. You seem to take this floor way, way too seriously. It's just a fecking floor dude! Not the Sistine Chapel or the Hanging Gardens of Babel.

Get a life and forget the builder and floor. Go to the Gilis and have some fun.

Prim

Sep 2, 2014
The damages are in excess of $15,000, how would you feel? It's a f*ckin pricey property, dUdE, it is one of these f*ckin "Sistine Chapels" of this island. It's not a cosmetic issue which I can ignore, if it don't get fixed then someones going to eventually fall though the floor at some stage and get hurt.
I have had 3 big construction companies assess the damage and they have quoted me amounts as though they believe I had a money tree in the back yard. I have had local sole traders coming in thinking that they have stumbled upon a gold mine and suggest the most ridiculous methods of repair, to which I refuse.
I just need to find another Tukang Bangunan like I had in the past (who is now unreachable) that will do exactly what I tell him to, and not give ridiculous input (none at all preferably).

So stop your internet keyboard warrioring, give me the name of a Tukang Bangunan in the Kerobokan and surrounding area's, or just stop posting. Jesus 0_o

P.S - The builders an Aussie, I'm going to go after him for Professional Liability. I got screwed over bad!

Last edited:

Peter Ka

Mar 31, 2010
Nice going Prim. Now your won't get any recommendations. I wouldn't want to have my local builder be subjected to what surely would be an obnoxious and difficult client.

You don't know the specifics of the original build. It could very well have been an issue where the contractor wanted to lay down a slab and your Mom insisted to skip that to save money. The contractor may have shrug his shoulders and thought "whatever the client wants". This I have seen many times.

It does not matter that the builder is Australian. Don't bother going postal over what you see as the builders fault. Legally you would be banging your head against a wall.

Get on with life, get laid, go surfing, enjoy Bali...

Prim

Sep 2, 2014
Looking for a Tukang was never my motive, I just wanted to name and shame the guy but the admin of this site feared a defamation case and therefor took down his name.... No, it was the builder, mother did not insist what you mentioned above... What, find a Tukang off one of you bules? That's cute.

Floor needs fixing before I can get on with life. $15,000 material damages, and lawyer working on another case for me has agreed to do it on a commission basis.

Enjoy Bali? I am Balinese, I don't exactly find much interest in Bali in the "Grass is greener on the other side" ways that you do.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
So your original premise for coming here was basically a lie? "Hi,

I want to ask if anybody knows a Tukang Bangunan that is available for work?"

lawyer working on another case for me has agreed to do it on a commission basis.

:icon_e_surprised: :icon_eek: I bet your lawyer is one of the busiest guys on the island.

Last edited:

Prim

Sep 2, 2014
Yeh, straight up lie, but it back fired when the admin feared a defamation case, and took down the builders name, the builder who I strangely feel is you, given your username "Markit" and all......

And yeh, suing moterf*ckers left and right, all on a commish basis tough, my lawyer's a pretty busy guy, he leaves his flashy car at home and rides around on a Mio, otherwise he couldn't make it to all his appointments on time.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Prim go away have a beer and some lunch and come back with a fresh head and you will be welcome here as are all others.

You came with an agenda to use us for your own ends.

Sorry that has been tried before and will for sure be tried again. Thing is, we have mostly seen it all before so that won't wash very long.

If you truly want help then here's the place to get it, if you want a good fight, then ditto, also can be found here.

But just shouting bad breath into the ether isn't going to help you or interest many here for long.

Go and sin no more. :icon_wink:

Prim

Sep 2, 2014
Prim go away have a beer and some lunch and come back with a fresh head and you will be welcome here as are all others.

You came with an agenda to use us for your own ends.

Sorry that has been tried before and will for sure be tried again. Thing is, we have mostly seen it all before so that won't wash very long.

If you truly want help then here's the place to get it, if you want a good fight, then ditto, also can be found here.

But just shouting bad breath into the ether isn't going to help you or interest many here for long.

Go and sin no more. :icon_wink:

Fight? you mean like a punch on? Any day little man.

Prim

Sep 2, 2014
Buddy, if you're Balinese, I'm the Pope. :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Is my English too good? Can't Balinese people speak English? What you suggest is somewhat racist. You can't see me, how could you tell? besides for reading what I write... You are mistaken.

Last edited:

bakung

May 4, 2011
Is my English too good? Can't Balinese people speak English? What you suggest is somewhat racist. You can't see me, how could you tell? besides for reading what I write... You are mistaken.

From one of your other rantings on here.
Imperialistic attitude white boys
Now thats racist ?.

Prim

Sep 2, 2014
From one of your other rantings on here.
Imperialistic attitude white boys
Now thats racist ?.

My rant gave no indication what so ever as to what nationality or ethnicity I am, you fool.

Racism aims to subject a person of a different race as inferior. I say you are Imperialistic Pigs with this superiority thing going on, and I'm right. You fool.

"It ain't if it's true", you fool.

bakung

May 4, 2011
My rant gave no indication what so ever as to what nationality or ethnicity I am, you fool.

Racism aims to subject a person of a different race as inferior. I say you are Imperialistic Pigs with this superiority thing going on, and I'm right. You fool.

"It ain't if it's true", you fool.
#10 Enjoy Bali? I am Balinese, ?.
no need to continually repeat as i 100% agree with you.