Tourists arrested for camping out during Nyepi

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
The arrogance of these people is beyond belief. Nyepi is one of the most critical elements of Bali life and these arrogant Bules, because they are white and Western oriented in their thoughts and actions, totally disrespect the Balinese culture and customs.
I have posted earlier, as have others recently, we are guests in this country and the customs and the Balinese way of life must be respected and observed.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I'm always astonished at the patience of the local cops to this sort of behavior.

In America they would have happily shot them long ago.

Problem is people know that and string this shit along until it breaks - you can see the woman knows this is wrong but the guy is trying to stretch his small dick out as far as possible.

I want the pecelang to all be kitted out with 50 Amp tasers and then these vids will get interesting!

Make the feckers dance!

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Shoveling food into his mouth as the Balinese fellow is trying to explain the rules to him is indicative of a lack of any sense of common courtesy. I hope he enjoyed his stay in detention but it seems with this lack of intelligence he will learn nothing from the experience and will in future simply bad mouth Balinese to anybody who will listen to him.

Reactions: Markit

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
They'll be deported back to Poland, at their own expense. If they can't afford it, they'll rot in imigrasi detention. End of holiday, and good riddance.

Reactions: Fred2 and Balifrog

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
I'm always astonished at the patience of the local cops to this sort of behavior.

In America they would have happily shot them long ago
Agreed.
And in Thailand the local tugs would have beaten the shit out of him after 3 minutes.

Anyway, give them 2 free nights in jail and then deportation.

BTW, I doubt that they would have argued like that with Polish cops ! Because that wouldn't have last more than 2 minutes before being thrown in the van.

Last edited:
Reactions: Markit

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
In Buleleng a large crowd of rowdy locals on motorbikes (Madurese according to the dialect spoken) headed for a beach outing on Nyepi day, ignoring Pacalang request to turn back! Will they be "deported" back to Madura?

Our house in South Denpasar was dark and in silence. My local neighbours (from NT) gave a shit about Nyepi. Sitting outside all evening, drinking, shouting, lights on. "Deportation" back to NT or?

Nah. The locals will not be "deported". It is more fashionable going after the odd uninformed bule.

Last edited:
Reactions: Padangbai Dennis

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
People do lots of things at home that would get them jumped on in another area of their country and for sure in other lands. Ever see the locals shitting on the beaches in Sri Lanka or India? How about Germans prancing about naked in saunas or at the lakes?

I think the locals tried to handle the Pols as diplomatically as they could to begin with but when their advances were repelled it got a little shirty, and rightly so IMHO.

Tasser the MFs and let em dance!

One vid of that would end all entitled rebellion among the Rus/Digital Gonads!

Reactions: Nyamprut and Fred2

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
In Buleleng a large crowd of rowdy locals on motorbikes (Madurese according to the dialect spoken) headed for a beach outing on Nyepi day, ignoring Pacalang request to turn back! Will they be "deported" back to Madura?

Our house in South Denpasar was dark and in silence. My local neighbours (from NT) gave a shit about Nyepi. Sitting outside all evening, drinking, shouting, lights on. "Deportation" back to NT or?

Nah. The locals will not be "deported". It is more fashionable going after the odd uninformed bule.

This, on a wider scale and with a bit of fanatism on both sides could one day degenerate badly IMHO.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan

In America they would have happily shot them long ago.

Problem is people know that and string this shit along until it breaks - you can see the woman knows this is wrong but the guy is trying to stretch his small dick out as far as possible.

I want the pecelang to all be kitted out with 50 Amp tasers and then these vids will get interesting!

Make the feckers dance!

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
Reactions: sakumabali

Shadrach

Feb 20, 2021
I saw many reactions to this topic. Some very aggresive, some showing locals making business in Denpasar on Nyepi. The tourist were not handling it well. They were nervous and didn't know how to react. Eating and arguing. So they didn't handle it the situation very well. I don't think it is a crime to be sitting in a bale minding your own business on Nyepi. Why don't people have the right to camp on the beaches, empty bales, or in the mountains by a river or lake without renting or paying? People in the west do this all the time. As long as their respectful for peoples property and don't bother anyone or break laws then why not camp for free? Is it that we are just allowed to stay here as long as we pay, pay, pay! I'm sure they would go to the local warungs, restaurants, laundry, and such and support the locals that way. It could be a good experience for all. Lighten up some.

Shadrach

Feb 20, 2021

Very good point about the double standards. Locals can go to the beach make business in Denpasar, use electricity, party, but tourists are big criminals for sitting in a bale by the beach. It's just another way of extorting money from tourists. I was guite shocked reading the reactions of the folks on the forum. Taser them, shoot them, lock them up, wow that's pretty intense. This is the only reaction that made sense and made a good point. Thanks.

YachtRock

Nov 2, 2022
Tabanan, Bali
I saw many reactions to this topic. Some very aggresive, some showing locals making business in Denpasar on Nyepi. The tourist were not handling it well. They were nervous and didn't know how to react. Eating and arguing. So they didn't handle it the situation very well. I don't think it is a crime to be sitting in a bale minding your own business on Nyepi. Why don't people have the right to camp on the beaches, empty bales, or in the mountains by a river or lake without renting or paying? People in the west do this all the time. As long as their respectful for peoples property and don't bother anyone or break laws then why not camp for free? Is it that we are just allowed to stay here as long as we pay, pay, pay! I'm sure they would go to the local warungs, restaurants, laundry, and such and support the locals that way. It could be a good experience for all. Lighten up some.
It literally is a crime though to be outside while on Nyepi. If this was any other normal day, it wouldn't be an issue. They should respect the local culture, rules, and customs, or get out. If they don't agree with it, then it's their right but perhaps better to go live somewhere that is better suited to their personality.

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Very good point about the double standards. Locals can go to the beach make business in Denpasar, use electricity, party, but tourists are big criminals for sitting in a bale by the beach. It's just another way of extorting money from tourists. I was guite shocked reading the reactions of the folks on the forum. Taser them, shoot them, lock them up, wow that's pretty intense. This is the only reaction that made sense and made a good point. Thanks.
Tourists or even "residents" are NOT locals ! It is as simple as that.

So, locals can do thing tourists can not.
Same goes in my village in France, and if a bloody tourist doesn't like it we'll be happy to show him the way out.

Hell, I have lived / worked in a dozen countries (some 8 and 10 years), I always knew my limits as an immigrant ! (And don't give me the "guest" B.S., a guest in my house respects MY rules, and it's not negociable, even for my kids.)

Reactions: Fred2 and YachtRock