hmbphd

Mar 31, 2012
Just an FYI - didn't see this on here yet so hopefully not old news or a repeat.

I went to extend my 30 day tourist visa (long story why I don't have social right now) this morning. New regs require a copy of your outgoing ticket as well as full-size copies of your passport identity page AND the entry visa/ stamp page.

So if you're looking to do the paperwork and submit it in one trip, be sure to have those documents with you.

Cheers!

davita

Mar 13, 2012
@hmbphd

That is helpful info but...when you say 30 day tourist visa do you mean the Visa on Arrival (VOA) or a Tourist Visa you obtained from an Indonesian Embassy/Consul prior to arrival in RI?
The 60 day Tourist Visa is not supposed to be extendable but many forum members have achieved this in Bali and I wonder if extensions are now formally accepted.

hmbphd

Mar 31, 2012
Sorry - it was the VOA. Extending for the second 30 days.

There are agents who will do an "illegal" third extension to the VOA. I would not recommend that.

I don't know about extending the 60 day tourist visa. I do know that the 60 day social budya is renewable four times for a total of 180 days.

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Another little tip is you must go into immigration at least 7 days before your original 30 days have expired. I was in there a while back and a man and his wife had gone in to extend their Visa 2 days after the original 30 days had expired but told they could not extend their visa anymore and would be charged 200, 000rph each for everyday they stayed in the country even though they had a ticket leaving within the 60 days. I don't really have to say it but of coarse they were furious so it was a bit of entertainment for everyone.

hmbphd

Mar 31, 2012
Oh, my :)

Yes, a friend of mine went six days before hers expired and couldn't renew. I actually had the agent count down the seven days on the calendar for me so I didn't make a mistake on the date. I'm more like ten days out now, but I just went ahead and did it early.

The visa game is always interesting...

mooching

Dec 17, 2010
QLD
I did it not long ago, the agent took my passport and my plane ticket. Shop around though as 700,000 is on the steep side.

hmbphd

Mar 31, 2012
Yikes!

I did it not long ago, the agent took my passport and my plane ticket. Shop around though as 700,000 is on the steep side.

That is REALLY steep! I paid 500,000 to extend my social visa with an agent - not sure if you can do that one on your own. But only 250,000 if you do the VOA renewal yourself. Must have patience to deal with that dreaded office three times, though.

Sometimes paying someone else to do it is the path of least frustration/ resistance.

rick55

Jun 6, 2011
Has anyone tried to get an extended visa at the VOA desk at the airport? Just pay the additional free then.