PaulW

May 20, 2014
Ketewel/Gianyar
Just joined, and noticed on the first thread I posted I'm listed as a tourist, not a member! I am not a
Tourist! I'm a resident here. How do I change that listing?

davita

Mar 13, 2012
hahaha...it's Admin's humorous way of promoting members...you are lucky to be declared a tourist. A few more contributions and you'll be an addict...like me. And, when sufficiently verbose...as some members already are....you become insane...:cat::icon_e_biggrin:

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
Here are the posts you need to move up:

Tourist 1-25
Member 26-100
Regular 101-500
Fanatic 500-1000
Addicted 1001-2500
Insane poster 2501

Joe Writeson

Jul 30, 2013
Indonesia
There is actually another category : Knowitall foreigners with virtually no knowledge or experience of Indonesia, it's culture or it's people who stick their noses in at every opportunity ... thankfully it's a very small group.

PaulW

May 20, 2014
Ketewel/Gianyar
No, Sam, I lived in Medan for 5 years teaching English. Now that I'm retired, Bali is a lot nicer place to live than Medan, obviously!

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
Ok, so you not a greenhorn....I was going to give you some advice about loud mouthed expats and the type to avoid....but that would be like teaching you to suck eggs.

I am going to be going to Sanur a bit when I get there...or should it be their..darn... to learn kite surfing and spill Davitas beer as he day dreams about steam powered locomotives.

Cheers.

kiteman

Sep 13, 2013
going to Sanur a bit when I get there....... to learn kite surfing ......

You may be pleased to hear that the wind kicked in at Sanur for basically the first time this season just 2 days ago.......... usually about 50% of days in June/July are kiteable and often stretching through to August.......... it's a great place to learn. I'm happy to help if there's anything I can offer........... I'm on an extended holiday so have plenty of spare time!!

Apologies for changing the original subject....... :) :)

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
You may be pleased to hear that the wind kicked in at Sanur for basically the first time this season just 2 days ago.......... usually about 50% of days in June/July are kiteable and often stretching through to August.......... it's a great place to learn. I'm happy to help if there's anything I can offer........... I'm on an extended holiday so have plenty of spare time!!

Apologies for changing the original subject....... :) :)

cheers.......think I'll need a patient teacher...never tried it or anything like it before.....any reco for a school, found one but cannot remember name just now

G

Gurkha

There is actually another category : Knowitall foreigners with virtually no knowledge or experience of Indonesia, it's culture or it's people who stick their noses in at every opportunity ... thankfully it's a very small group.

and they don't actually live here but they have been coming here for a long time and as Joe says, they "stick their noses in at every opportunity.."

PaulW

May 20, 2014
Ketewel/Gianyar
Thanks, Gurkha. As I said before, I've lived in this country for almost 6 years now, despite the fact that I'm new to Bali. So I do have some knowledge and experience of Indonesia, if not this particular island.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Paul just ignore him - IMHO all army retirees should receive a special pension of a small piece of lead travelling at 1200 feet per second between the eyes.

They appear to be largely unfit for human habitation and are deluded with visions of their own importance and grandeur past and future. Worse still they bore everyone within hearing to insanity about how wonderful the army was - me I think they're all latently gay, and I mean that as a compliment.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
The kite surfing in Sanur happens about 60 metres from my place.
Markit, I am ex Australian military. I have never told you about my military background. My other skill is getting cold beers out of my fridge, You can choose which option better suits you!.
To be honest I prefer the idea of a beer.