Tourist ban on renting motorbikes

harryopal

May 5, 2016
".... fighty, drunken, miserable..." This is part of our history. You have to remember that the conquest of Australia was to do with finding a place for the better type of English person to rid themselves of an ever increasing criminal class who struggled to survive and often resorted to theft and a broad spectrum of unappreciated activities. When this "scum" arrived in the new colony understanding, humane treatment and rehabilitation were not high on the priority list. "For the Term of His Natural Life" was published by Marcus Clarke in 1870-72 and is a grim account of convict treatment in Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania.) That history is notorious for cruelty and barbarism including the appalling treatment of the children of convicts. As continues to the present day, alcohol and violence belong to those traditions. It really is a wonder that there are any "nice, funny, sarcastic, happy people interested in about everything."

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
nice, funny and happy AND fighty, drunken, miserable are two sides of the same Australian coin
Ok, now I understand....
BTW, since when is "immigrant" an insult ?

Lucky I didn't use "alien" like at immigration ! (Although sometimes it would be appropriate..)

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Ok, now I understand....
BTW, since when is "immigrant" an insult ?

Lucky I didn't use "alien" like at immigration ! (Although sometimes it would be appropriate..)
I think the term "immigrant" is totally acceptable ;) and here - I would say - it is correct as well....

Reactions: Balifrog

hadodi

Nov 8, 2013
NE Bali
I agree,Mr Governor, but you should first,start with the tenthousands of locals ignoring helmet and any traffic rules.

gtrken

Nov 4, 2007
Perth W Australia
Bullfrog is it ! You now nothing about me pal I originally came to Bali in the late 70s on a sponsorship from Quick silver surf company along with another 20 pro surfers from around the world to make a film and scout out new surfing spots for the newly formed world pro surfing comp .
There where no tourist in Bali .
I never went back to Australia have friends and connections that go back decades here bullfrog.
And if all you can do is insult me from a keyboard well Im quite happy to meet you in person and you can insult me in person
All I can say is WTF? Is this directed at me? I think someone needs to work out how and who he is replying to and think before posting. Grammar and punctuation wouldn't hurt either.

maybe someone needs to change there Meds...

Cheers
Not sure where he got this wrong
Ken

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
Another raid coming up. Targets are Ubud, Sanur and Nusa Penida.

Bali vice. Gov. is up in arms and speculate that foreigners (Russians again?) have established their own exclusive "village" in Ubud area. Vice Gov. is worried because he "does not know what is happening within the walls of the environment they are building". Is he worried the the enterprising Russians already set up their own administrative "Desa" behind his back?

Probably it turns out to be a gated villa complex with only Russian tenants/leaseholders. Big deal.

[Right click in google to translate]

The Russians are attracting a lot of attention. It must be good times being a small time Bali thug these days.

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Bali vice. Gov. is up in arms and speculate that foreigners (Russians again?) have established their own exclusive "village" in Ubud area.
I've been in Ubud area some months ago and that is indeed kinda true. All Russians in one "desa". Speaking no Bahasa and bad English

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Ubud was the best during the pandemic - friendly, quiet, relaxed and Balinese. Hasn't been like that in years before and was clearly just a pause from "normal" hectic, traffic chaos, scams, high prices, scams, rude locals, rude tourists and rude Russians (now called "local" tourists? )

Reactions: Mark