spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
When we have done some renovation projects in the past, the builders have always used an angle grinder to cut the tiles, which is very noisy and dusty. On some renovation tv shows I have seen builders using a tile cutter which looks like something like this:

image_21533.jpg

Anyone seen them in Bali?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Mitral 11, Gatso - various, Ace too. I've seen them but it seems like they don't always have them. I'm in DumpassR next week and will have a look if you don't already have one.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Thanks. Might be able to find one in Singaraja. Just curious why they aren't used more as they look a lot more easier to use.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Most "contactors" come by scooter and the angle grinder can cut "granite"tiles, stone,brick and blocks.The above cutter has limited use to tile size(diagnal also) and any cut outs to notches or outside corners etc.

Space and limited use are key factors

davita

Mar 13, 2012
As smoke says...these cutters only work on ceramic tiles...I've cut hundreds of tiles with this tool and it is quick and effective at making straight clean cuts.
The grinder is used on other products...is slow and dirty... but it can also produce design cuts and radius etc.