This is an achievement and a half

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018

Wow I'm pleasantly surprised. I loved Jakarta when I was there a few months ago but often found myself running to the safety of airconditiing just so my asthmatic lungs could breathe.

Maybe this generation will do more than just fish the foxtel remote out from the couch?

Opinions? I think it's a great step in the right direction but a long way to go.

Reactions: mikeau

mikeau

Apr 11, 2012
It’s hard to understand why they build coal generators so close to urban areas. These are fifty year assets that will cause harm for generations.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Personally I'm glad they decided to keep all the shit near Jakarta. What's the loss there - shithole is shithole. Love the way they group all of Indonesia in with with the pollution stats instead of saying actually it's only Jakarta with the 4 x higher levels of pollutants. I'm sure Bali and most other islands here are just fine. Why? because all the coal fired power plants are on Java Yeah!

Reactions: JackStraw

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
Personally I'm glad they decided to keep all the shit near Jakarta. What's the loss there - shithole is shithole. Love the way they group all of Indonesia in with with the pollution stats instead of saying actually it's only Jakarta with the 4 x higher levels of pollutants. I'm sure Bali and most other islands here are just fine. Why? because all the coal fired power plants are on Java Yeah!

From my recent visit yes that's some of the issue. But also extreme traffic, and you know how they burn trash here? Well that's 24/7 in Jakarta on every block in every village/town/city.

It's pretty sad that's still going on in this day and age really. That city has so much to do I think I'd be having fun there for 5 years, but the fact you basically can't go outdoors in daylight hours kind of ruins it for me.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
It’s hard to understand why they build coal generators so close to urban areas. These are fifty year assets that will cause harm for generations.
Because the people that make all the decisions are off to play government in Kalimantan. They could care less what happens in Jakarta.