no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
Now I am aware that running a bar in Bali is pretty well a way to lose money. However I have a rental house in a small road in Sanur. This road has 5 bars and the bars are popular for various different reasons.
The house I have is on 7 are of land and is on the west side of the road. This is the side that is shaded from the afternoon sun. It has a large gazebo close to the road , a two bedroom house and a number of trees. The guy leasing the place has been paying me 60 juta a year. This morning he told me he reckons this is too expensive. So bugger it, I am opening a bar on the property. I need to make 165,000 a day to cover what I would have been paid in rent. Plus another 140,000 a day to cover the wages of the two girls who will work there.
Hours will be 1 PM until 9 PM.
Comments are welcome.

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Now I am aware that running a bar in Bali is pretty well a way to lose money. However I have a rental house in a small road in Sanur. This road has 5 bars and the bars are popular for various different reasons.
The house I have is on 7 are of land and is on the west side of the road. This is the side that is shaded from the afternoon sun. It has a large gazebo close to the road , a two bedroom house and a number of trees. The guy leasing the place has been paying me 60 juta a year. This morning he told me he reckons this is too expensive. So bugger it, I am opening a bar on the property. I need to make 165,000 a day to cover what I would have been paid in rent. Plus another 140,000 a day to cover the wages of the two girls who will work there.
Comments are welcome.

Is this approx $6000 per year. If so then
it's almost better renting here than building.
I am at griya santrian right now having a 2 juice Coke price is about $14.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
I am at griya santrian right now having a 2 juice Coke price is about $14.
It is indeed $6,000 AUD per year. **** get in a taxi and come to my place. You can have 7 beers for $14.
We are a $3 taxi fare away.
+628124139569.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
60 juta for 7 are sounds like a pretty good deal. Kick him out and look for another tenant.

Is this beachside of bypass?

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
It is indeed $6,000 AUD per year. **** get in a taxi and come to my place. You can have 7 beers for $14.
We are a $3 taxi fare away.
+628124139569.

My days plan changed today thanks to Ron but there's always tomorrow.
His beers are cold and FREE.
He served us a lunch of Pie(surprise) and black pudding( bigger surprise) he the pie was free the black pudding was 10k slice.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Ronny you've had bars before and for anyone that likes a binny for breaky you better make sure you aint your own best customer and make sure the girlies are plug-ugly or have you already given the job to Citi? I happen to know of another woman that might be looking for a job too?

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Ronny you've had bars before and for anyone that likes a binny for breaky you better make sure you aint your own best customer and make sure the girlies are plug-ugly or have you already given the job to Citi? I happen to know of another woman that might be looking for a job too?

Ron said you steal all of his beer if he had good looking woman you would steal them too.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
He served us a lunch of Pie(surprise) and black pudding( bigger surprise) the pie was free the black pudding was 10k slice.

The pies were made locally, however the black pudding was especially flown in from Australia. Hence the $1 charge.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
The pies were made locally, however the black pudding was especially flown in from Australia. Hence the $1 charge.

Goodness me you are good at reading the play from in your cave.

OK! I put up my hands and admit in public to what is clearly a done deal and I am marginally ashamed of myself.

Geedee you were so wonderfully generous and brought such a cornucopia of goodies to my cave that I didn't have the heart to tell you that I'm not a big fan of black pudding, of which there were 4 in your Care Package.

Not wanting to waste anything and thinking of the human shredder/chipper down in Sanur I admit to taking them to him. If he told you what he traded me for them I'm sure you will agree that I will think of you often and in the most intimate situations and not just with eggs and beans for 2 breakfasts...

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
OK! I put up my hands and admit in public to what is clearly a done deal and I am marginally ashamed of myself.

Geedee you were so wonderfully generous and brought such a cornucopia of goodies to my cave that I didn't have the heart to tell you that I'm not a big fan of black pudding, of which there were 4 in your Care Package.

Not wanting to waste anything and thinking of the human shredder/chipper down in Sanur I admit to taking them to him. If he told you what he traded me for them I'm sure you will agree that I will think of you often and in the most intimate situations and not just with eggs and beans for 2 breakfasts...

He never mentioned the trade so now I'm curious.
He did however mention and offering me a pie franchise in Australia.
He also has the biggest esky/cooler I have ever seen about the size of a medium sized truck
and is on the lookout for a similar sized pie warmer.

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney

I have no.doubt that no.idea could easily fill the bar as I have discovered( you guys probably all knew ) he is very well known and loved on all of the other Bali forums ,although I would doubt he would use his celebrity status as its just not his style. He will have other partners who also like a beer in the morning and I'm thinking if they all spend their money at there own bar rather than everywhere else in Sanur then it would survive. Other problem is No.Idea has such a big heart that he will probably not charge half the customers including you when they come to visit that's the mans character.
I really should do some work

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
I think at that price you should have no problem renting it again,

If yo go with the bar idea why the 9pm closing,seems a bit early,sometimes I'm only going out at that time

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
I think at that price you should have no problem renting it again,

If yo go with the bar idea why the 9pm closing,seems a bit early,sometimes I'm only going out at that time

Never noticed that , 9pm is way to early unless he has a good reason.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
Never noticed that , 9pm is way to early unless he has a good reason.
The two girls I plan on employing are very pretty with nice bodies. They do not want the drunken punters trying to paw then as they work. They both have also mentioned they do not want to be riding their motorbikes home in the early hours of the morning.
There are already enough places in Sanur that allow for drunken romances.
I asked a mate of mine to employ one of these girls for the next 6 weeks. On her third night there he told me they had never taken so much money over the bar in the previous two years of operation.

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
The two girls I plan on employing are very pretty with nice bodies. They do not want the drunken punters trying to paw then as they work. They both have also mentioned they do not want to be riding their motorbikes home in the early hours of the morning.
There are already enough places in Sanur that allow for drunken romances.
I asked a mate of mine to employ one of these girls for the next 6 weeks. On her third night there he told me they had never taken so much money over the bar in the previous two years of operation.

Sounds promising good happy staff will make all of the difference.

So are you looking to open in 6 weeks?
Are you going to sell food or stick to your gourmet pies?

You could name the place "The Pudding and Pie"

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Comments are welcome.

More than 6 weeks have past and I thought you had a young lady training somewhere, are you still going ahead or did you rent the place.
If you are going ahead do your grand opening with the free food and all you can drink in August suits me better.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
Cooee cobber, the bar is open. The trees have orchids in them. The lawn is laid. Rented house out for $7,000 a year. So bar is now rent free. Currently taking $250 a day.
Geedee, I do believe I can find a free beer or two for you somewhere.
Mates are currently taking over Stiff Chilli Restaurant on Semawang beach in Sanur so have been spending a bit of time with them showing them where to source various things. Have managed to find an Italian guy making cheese, he will be at the restaurant at 3 PM today. (Markit would be having an organism when he reads that). Got some great smoked ham from the Seff African butcher to go with the cheese.
A bloke wants to buy my hotel so all is wonderful. Going to Sulawesi on Friday for 2 days.
My world is full of love and beer.