Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Luckily I can't read PissWind's homilies as I've blocked him.

I've always wondered (and not just for here) how complicit we all are in our own downfall.

Not to get too philosophical about it but if we leave our expensive stuff laying around in a country where 1 juta is supposed to feed and house a family for a month (and usually doesn't) or if we go out dressed like whores (girls) and drink to excess who is really responsible for what then happens?

If I saw my family going without I'd definitely steal enough for them to eat if there was no other handy way to make ends meet and likewise if I came from a society where women were meant to behave a certain way and those that didn't were whores and hence "free game" into a society where everyone acted like I thought whores did...

Just a thought from the far east...

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
If it's controllable - 5 loaves instead of 10, count them.

If it's not controllable and a small amount, consider it a cost of doing business here.

If it's not controllable and a large amount, change the process to allow for control.

For instance: a fat, bald friend not a million miles away from this forum has the largest esky in the southern hemisphere filled with cold beer in his homestay. Now he could make someone responsible for each and every beer that his largely Oz customers drink and get them to pay for it but that would take a mountain of work, calculation and several rotating staff as the esky is available 24/7.

What he does is gets them to pay whatever they want and figure they've had.

Now I don't know this for a fact but I'm betting he comes out ahead on that calculation because of a number of human factors that work in his favor, not the least of which is the savings in stress and staff costs, but I'd also bet that human nature and drunkenness being what it is people round up their consumption.

Come on mate, no need to throw in the "fat" bit. Well built sounds better.