The White Villas Ubud, since 2 am people screaming on the swimming pool

Melati

Mar 4, 2017
Since this morning at 2 am there is a group of people swimming, screaming, shouting, laughing and having fun on the swimming pool, now 4; 22 am and turned the music own and there was sound of some bottles falling as well.
I called the villas and of course nobody pick up the phone, I called the manager and of course nobody pick up the phone, they are sleeping.
I am not even next door but I can listen all the conversation and woke me up at 2 am, I wonder what the people from the Banjar thinks or feel about this, but the most of Balinese people will not dare to complain or saying something.
24 hours been upset for people using swimming pools, during the day the children from the villa next door, screaming and shouting and during the night the people from the other villa around, but using the swimming pool from 2 am to 4 am is already too much of I can take, I am still listen the music.
I wrote somethings on their facebook but of course were delete right away.
I totally believe the Tri Hita Karana philosophy is already broken in Ubud area, the respect of the human to human doesn't exist anymore and the respect of the humans for the nature neither, the people use now the nature for their recreations, make villas, swimming pools and have fun, there is not any more harmony with nature and environment, we are destroying Bali little by little, I start to believe tourist is like a cancer, I read about this a few years ago from somebody who run away from Bali because of feeling part of that cancer, that time I didn't understand it much, after seeing how Ubud and surrounding areas are changing, I understand now what that means because I see it with my eyes for the last 20 years, spreading all over little by little, changing things and people little by little without local people been very aware of how influence in their lives or in the future of the children and next generations life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri_Hita_Karana

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Unfortunately there are many inconsiderate people in this world. People rent a villa and it makes them think they can do whatever they want.

Maybe you can try speaking to the owner of the villa to make some rules about using the pool after a certain time.

Have spent many years living in Asia, I think western people are more sensitive to noise. I can remember staying in Thailand in a bungalow and be waken up every morning by someone sweeping up leaves. I live a few hundred meters from a school and for some reason they start the day banging drums and whenever they have some kind of sports event they start playing music at 6am.

Having 2 kids now (5 and 2) I am so conditioned to the constant noise they make, I can sleep through anything. Actually if I can't hear anything, that makes me start to think something is wrong.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I agree with Spicy and you Melati, the Asian way is much noisier and westerners are conditioned to believe we have a right to enjoy a peaceful time of it.

I think the worst that is happening in Bali is not that the Balinese culture is changing to become a "holiday snap" culture but that the Balinese are starting to segregate themselves from the visitors.

When I first got here 9 years ago we were welcomed at all the ceremonies and events that go on here without anyone even considering us (unless the dress was inappropriate). Now I'm running into ceremonies where the guards outside are telling all visitors (non-Balinese) to stand outside and not go in. This is a pity but will probably mean the culture remains, I hope.

If you want the pool party to stop go for a morning walk (they all being dead-tired in bed) and lob a paper bag full of shit into the pool... just saying.

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
ya its very annoying to be disturbed at night , I think you have to be careful where you live on this holiday island .

Melati

Mar 4, 2017
The party was over around 4,30 - 5 am, it would be interested to know if I was the only one woke up or upset about what happened. All mine messages on their facebook of course were deleted. I bet if I tell this to some Balinese they will smile...........
7,30 am the kids on the villa next door was already on the swimming pool as well...............
Paradise for some people, nightmare for others!

Melati

Mar 4, 2017
This problem is not only about how tourists behave in Bali but why the villas allow this behavior? Why the staffs or the manager of the villas doesn't say anything and allow them to continue making noisy like that?
In a swimming pool in a hotel with many rooms around and many others clients they will never be allow to do this because it would be complaints from the others guess, but it seems like the villas is another matter and people lost their control and forget "normal" people who are not on holidays and local people who go to bed at 9 pm and got up at 6 am live next door or very close.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
People that rent a villa do so because it gives them the "freedom" they have at their own home without the responsibility.

Local staff that manage these villas are not interested in the confrontation with the occupants and the bad reviews this would cause.

If you don't like this type of behavior why, oh why did you build/buy in the south? You really only have yourself to blame because you want all the western amenities that the tourists do but expect to be on your own down there.

How they all laughed and laughed when I said I'm going to go live in Karangasem...

He who laughs last....