ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
The LAN cable from the modem to the set-top box is a standard Ethernet cat-5 cable and can be at least 50 meters (maybe 100). We had a 20 meter cable made-up locally for this. Another good option for large compounds are the power-line extenders such as TP-LINK 600Mbps Gigabit Powerline Homeplug Extender TL-PA6010KIT | Lazada Malaysia - they work anywhere if the wiring is on the same meter I believe. In my experience, they set themselves up and work really well.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
So what you are really saying about the phone is that you cannot transfer the number from your copper-wire service to the Indihome service. In Western countries we would think that was crazy, but Indonesians are used to changing their numbers like underwear - so no big deal.
No, ronb - I don't think that's what I said.

I now have two phones. My original normal one, (which works fine), plus the other one connected to the modem, (which also works fine).
But, they moved my normal phone to another location because they were too lazy to repair the original copper one's cable.

I would prefer it if my normal one was back where it was in the first place. That's all.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
id all that and can see the USB devise but can't get at it's contents from the comp or via ui. Internet isn't much help either surprise, surprise.

You need to enable the Samba service on the modem. It is under the application menu. Give it a name and you have the option to set a username/password. You might need to restart the modem.

On a Windows computer just go to network and you should automatically see the shared drive.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Spicy you are worth your weight in Binnies! Thank you for that - it works a treat. I asked the same question on FB and was told by a very weighty expert that it was impossible to do that with a USB key - so fukum!