The Psychology of Progressive Hostility

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Interesting read. Especially for leftist and so called progressives
Why them, especially? Does that mean rightist and so-called conservatives would find it irrelevant?
No left/right bias here, right?

Just a thought, but Matthew Blackwell (the author of the article you linked to), chose a slightly misleading title with The Psychology of Progressive Hostility.

“Progressive Hostility”? Is this going to be about the psychology of “warfare”, domestic violence, genocide, and that it’s getting worse? Nope. Turns out it’s about so-called “progressives”, modern day Hippy remnants who still can’t tell the difference between shit and clay. (“Reality”?)

I actually suffered, a bit, through Sir Roger Scruton’s video about Fake Subjects in Academia. (Loud bias alarm going off.) Don’t know how or why he was ever awarded a knighthood, but what sane Philosophy Professor with their brain marbles still intact come up with this:?
Gender and ethnic studies are fake fields
So, if I were to spend years studying philosophy in University X, what job would I have been prepared for?

I dabbled in and studied many different subjects in universities. Several “fake” subjects like English literature, philosophy, psychology, geology, Sanskrit, geography, clinical hypnotism, mathematics, computer science, physics, history...I forget the rest.

In retrospect, I don’t think any of them guaranteed me a “real” job in the “real” world when I left. Of course, there was always teaching, more research in fake fields. Might have been better off and more rich if I’d become a plumber, motor mechanic, electrician, cook, politician, religious leader.

Philosophy, epistemology, ethics, “logic”? Look where they’ve brought us to so far. A long way from whenever.

Matthew Blackwell is completing a BA in economics and anthropology. Aren’t they both “fake fields”?

For all those confused about the late Stephen Hawking’s theories, I thoroughly recommend the following (from New Scientist):

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...LCNSNS2018-0314GLOBAL-NSNEW&utm_content=NSNEW

:cool:

Reactions: Harry08