Gdjica

May 20, 2011
Hello friends,

I have a few questions.

What is a temporary citizen registration? How much does it cost? Where is it payed? What documents are needed for this registration? Do the holders of KITAS pay it?

I am coming to Jakarta mid September and to Bali at the end of September as a Darmasiswa student (sponsored by Indonesian government).

While I was exchanging emails with the owner of the kost I intend to rent a room in, he mentioned this additional, previously unbeknown to me, cost of IDR 400000 per year. Do you know anything about it?

All the best,

Aleksandra

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
......... What is a temporary citizen registration? How much does it cost? Where is it payed? What documents are needed for this registration? Do the holders of KITAS pay it?

I am coming to Jakarta mid September and to Bali at the end of September as a Darmasiswa student (sponsored by Indonesian government).

While I was exchanging emails with the owner of the kost I intend to rent a room in, he mentioned this additional, previously unbeknown to me, cost of IDR 400000 per year. Do you know anything about it?

There is a mention of Certificate of Registration for Temporary Resident on the page at Requirements for Expatriate Work and Stay Permit - Jakarta, Indonesia. Not many details or cost estimates - but it does seem there are such things.

Gdjica

May 20, 2011
Thank you, Ron.

It all seems very complicated. I guess I should leave it up to the Ministry of Education officials who handle Darmasiswa students to deal with this.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
don't you just mean the STMD (Surat Tanda Melapor Diri) if yes, then you do that at the nearest Kapolres.
If renting at a kos, the owner should do that but you can do it yourself too.
There's no fee for it, but 20k is appreciated. In other words 400k, is nuts.
The reason I think you mean this (STMD), is because a temporary citizenship card, is for Indonesian KTP holders, but living temporary somewhere else then stated on their KTP (for example someone from Jave staying for work temporary on Bali)..he/she would need to register at their local kepala desa and he can issue a temporary KTP (valid for 3 months ands is legally only one time extenable for another 3 months)

Gdjica

May 20, 2011
Dear Gilbert,

I have no idea what I mean! That's the problem.

I was told I will have my visa changed into KITAS, get a blue book and an exit permit. Nobody in the Embassy mentioned anything about any STMD or SKPPS (from Ron's link). But if the owner meant that and it's not covered by my sponsor (Ministry of Education) than I will do it myself and pay as you advised.

It's good I've learnt about this so I know what to ask the Darmasiswa officials.

Thank you.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
I think, bit not sure that the SKPPS is already included within the paperwork for your KITAS...
I think so, because there will be an adress on your KITAS card, and that adress would be your homeadress and that is confirmed/proofen by the surat from both the kepala desa and surat from the capil..in other words the SKPPS is covered, leaves only the STMD wich legally you would need to do within a week of arriving in INdonesia. If I remember right.

widder

Jul 16, 2007
Tulamben
www.chiliandgamalan.com
maybe it's for the local mafia?

The local banjar, neighborhood association, always tries to get their fingers in the pie. They are the same guys who'll bang on your door at 5am to check ID cards and/or visas. I have lived in a kos and the banjar used to come once a month or so. Don't worry about it now, your landlord has to do the registration and it did not cost me a rupiah - just get it sorted when you are here in Bali. But Gilbert is right in saying that you'll need to report to immigration within one week of arrival and start the process of getting your blue book and your Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas (Limited Stay Permit Card). That should be handled by the people who are organizing your visa in the first place.