Telstra or other.

Ginand T

Sep 30, 2019
Any tips on service providers please. Will be 6months in Bali 6 in aus. Do I just stick with Tls
Thanks

gtrken

Nov 4, 2007
Perth W Australia
Not unless you want to pay $10 per day for overseas roaming every time you use it. By far the better option is to buy a cheap phone with a prepaid plan in Bali and give the number to your friends .

Cheers
Ken

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Depending upon your usage you might want to consider getting just a data plan here (renew online) and get a Skype international number. Your Bali number will disappear when you don't use it or refill it regularly.

Reactions: Ginand T

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
I have a IM3 and Simpati phone cards and pay RP25,000 every month in Australia to keep them active. The phones are booth iPhone (4s & 6s) they have been used in Indonesia for years so do not need the IMEI register. When in Surabaya I top up if needed and just use WIFI at home or ask for the password when every I go out.

Juggler

Jun 20, 2018
get 2 sim cards...
In australia get a Aldi pay as you go $5 sim...lasts 12 months and it uses the telstra network. when in Oz you can ez change your plan for more use via the app.

For RI either get a local sim and use Wa or sign up for Rebtel on your Oz number. for USD$5 per month you can make unlimited calls to Oz mobile and landline. It will just rely on a internet connection here in RI if you keep the oz number. If you have a lacal number you can use the pulsa credit as well as wifi.

Beauty of rebtel is tha you can call landline

Tezza71

Oct 31, 2018
get 2 sim cards...
In australia get a Aldi pay as you go $5 sim...lasts 12 months and it uses the telstra network. when in Oz you can ez change your plan for more use via the app.

For RI either get a local sim and use Wa or sign up for Rebtel on your Oz number. for USD$5 per month you can make unlimited calls to Oz mobile and landline. It will just rely on a internet connection here in RI if you keep the oz number. If you have a local number you can use the pulsa credit as well as wifi.

Hi Juggler, I've seen your post about REBTEL. and I'm keen to give it a try. Can I ask do you have an Australian SIM in your phone and obviously if you do you have Australian number. I've got an Australian SIM and number because I need it for access to My Gov and Centrelink, and I'm paying $55 a month for it. Is there a cheaper option which I'm missing out on.

Juggler

Jun 20, 2018
Hi Juggler, I've seen your post about REBTEL. and I'm keen to give it a try. Can I ask do you have an Australian SIM in your phone and obviously if you do you have Australian number. I've got an Australian SIM and number because I need it for access to My Gov and Centrelink, and I'm paying $55 a month for it. Is there a cheaper option which I'm missing out on.
yes...if you have someone in oz that can buy and mail you a $2 aldi sim then go to the aldi website and port your number across to them. you can activate global roaming . it is expensive at $1 per minute for calls and 25cents a txt but it will be cheaper in the long run....you can get the 2 factor id txt from gov for 25cent.. check your voice mail for bout $1 and call back on rebtel I recharge my oz number wih $25 pay as you go. If i need to call back to oz just use the rebtel.

Ginand T

Sep 30, 2019
get 2 sim cards...

For RI either get a local sim and use Wa or sign up for Rebtel on your Oz number. for USD$5 per month you can make unlimited calls to Oz mobile and landline. It will just rely on a internet connection here in RI if you keep the oz number. If you have a lacal number you can use the pulsa credit as well as wifi.

good info, will go to Aldi.
Thanks

Ginand T

Sep 30, 2019
E
good info, will go to Aldi.
Thanks
Errr, scratching my head. I’m not good with phones. I’m in RI have 2 phones from Aus, 2 Aldi SIM and an Indo Telkomsel SIM
Tell me where to stick them an the beers on me