davita

Mar 13, 2012
[MENTION=16515]Tudeo[/MENTION] #80

The same happened to me with Speedy some months back. The internet TV was OK but it interfered with internet such as it was useless. I hade them remove everything and they still tried to charge us. Fortunately my Indonesian wife learned to have 'attitude' when living in N. America.... so she sorted them out.:beaten:

Co-incidentally, only 30 mins ago, we signed with CBN for fiber-optic internet (5 mbps) which will be installed in 10 days or so. I'll post the results when available.

If interested sms Dwi Setiyanto ( Account Exec) (62-817) 972 6781 or email dwi.setiyanto@cbn.co.id and he will visit you and explain its availability, options, price etc..... nice young polite man speaks good English.

Tudeo

Jan 30, 2014
Denpasar
so she sorted them out.

Good for her!

My internet-tv, UseeTV Cable, froze all the time. The sound continued but the picture was often on hold, worthless.

They also offered it to u with the story it was for free, and then later charged u for it? I'm surprised a big company like Telkom uses these cheap and dirty methods, or it could be just over-eager-immoral sales peoples acting on their own initiative.

On the other hand when u complain about it, the helpdesk doesn't seem to understand u and keeps giving u a scripted nonsense story. The 2nd line help said: "Oh, but the salesperson should have told u it was part of a more expensive package, so not for free", but there was nothing she could do about it now.. :miserable:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I hate you all - poncing about with your Megabytes this and Megabytes that. Here in the far east we are humbly grateful for email connections and the occasional Farcebook page load.

I have heard a distant rumor of fiber going to Candi Dasa but I don't want to get my hopes up just to have them dashed.

I don't react well to crushing disappointment - see my avatar.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Is that like the "blue touch paper" on fireworks? Light and stand well back. If you press the blue button does the TV blow up?

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hey Markit, want to do overkontraktan my UseeTV Cable? All gratis!!!
Huh? What? Gratis!? Yes, please.
Ok, here u go. Just check ur remote under the blue button.
Is that like the "blue touch paper" on fireworks? Light and stand well back. If you press the blue button does the TV blow up?

1/2. There's a saying 'Beware of Greeks bearing Gifts'. Tudeo sounds Greek to me...:icon_e_biggrin:

3/4. Another saying 'Curiosity killed the Cat" and Alice said 'Curiouser and Curiouser'. Tudeo's post sounds curious.....:cat:..:confused:.

Where's Rangi, with his conspiracy theories, when we need him...:highly_amused:

Tudeo

Jan 30, 2014
Denpasar
Don't worry guys, it was just an attempt to be funny :icon_mrgreen:

But ur right Davita, never touch the Blue Button..

Adrian2

Aug 10, 2015
Installation is free and so far we haven't had to pay a single rupiah. The access point they installed is some kind of Cisco router which probably is more expensive than your usual Tp-Link.