Pan

Jan 16, 2015
I have had problems with speedy for over a month. Calling 147 8times. Technicians coming to our place, changed cables and so on and so on. But still speedy (the green light PPP on the Router) comes on and off again. Has anybody similar experience? I am sick and tired to pay (not much, but) and don't get the service working. Thanks for any info

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I have had problems with speedy for over a month. Calling 147 8times. Technicians coming to our place, changed cables and so on and so on. But still speedy (the green light PPP on the Router) comes on and off again. Has anybody similar experience? I am sick and tired to pay (not much, but) and don't get the service working. Thanks for any info

Had the same problem here in Kerobokan since Monday...the green internet light on the wifi modem didn't light...not even red; which I have seen before when the actual internet wasn't working.

The Speedy guy came this morning and said I needed a new modem/router costing Rp450,000...I bought it, he installed, and my internet is a bit faster than before.

I thought our subscription should have covered the replacement cost but couldn't be bothered to argue and coughed up just to get back on the internet. I did get a receipt.
The new modem/router (tp-link) is much more substantial than the previous (ZTE)....which was 3 years old anyway.

Pan

Jan 16, 2015
Do you have now NO problems? Does it stay on permanentely or flickering on off on off many times. My router (BILLION) is also some years now. But I did not even get the suggestion to get a new one. Did telkom sell it and install it?

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Do you have now NO problems? Does it stay on permanentely or flickering on off on off many times. My router (BILLION) is also some years now. But I did not even get the suggestion to get a new one. Did telkom sell it and install it?

I think all modem/routers lights flicker as they scan. The previous one did but my problem was the internet light didn't come ON at all...this new one also flickers.
The Speedy guy used a laptop to check the signal, which comes thru' the phone line, before diagnosing the modem/router was faulty and he replaced it. He had a couple of boxes in his bag which I assumed were spares....they are made for Speedy.

Mine now works perfectly and is a little bit faster than before.

This is what mine looks like but has 2 antennas....SAM_2239_zps2d8a0669.jpg Photo by coachfach | Photobucket

davita

Mar 13, 2012
He left it along with its own charger/transformer but looks like he used the original tel/ethernet cable. I connect my CCTV security to the internet at the modem/router.

Here's a pic of the old model....http://www.hong.web.id/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/modem-speedy-ZTE.png You can see where the internet light should have been lit but, on mine. it failed. I suspected that the internet wasn't working but, obviously, it was the modem.
I have a 2 level house and the old modem had limited range...some guests couldn't connect in the downstairs bedroom. I haven't tried the range of this one yet but, when I get the chance, I'll post back.

On second thoughts I might try to connect to an empty phone line nearer that bedroom and double check.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
One possible problem is that for whatever reason the modem "loses" its settings. So you have to save your username/password in the modem again. I am guessing the old modem probably still works, but the speedy guys like to sell you a new one whenever they can. Doesn't hurt to upgrade anyway and you could use the old one as a repeater.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
One possible problem is that for whatever reason the modem "loses" its settings. So you have to save your username/password in the modem again. I am guessing the old modem probably still works, but the speedy guys like to sell you a new one whenever they can. Doesn't hurt to upgrade anyway and you could use the old one as a repeater.

I was thinking much the same spicy...but I don't know enough about this techie stuff but, for Rp 450,000, I thought it reasonable to upgrade as the tech guy said it would be faster.....and it is.
Thanks for the advice...I'll give the old one a try tomorrow....:eagerness: