Bali Villa Sales

Villas of Bali ™ is the trusted real estate company that offers the most beautiful villas for sale on Bali. Visit our experienced and helpful staff in our office in Seminyak, or search the extensive villa listing online at www.balivillasales.com, providing the most exclusive properties for sale. Villas of Bali ™ stands for quality, integrity and trust. We help you save time and money, while providing you peace of mind of your property related needs. Send us an email to info@villasofbali.com, or call us at +62 878 6249 3526.

1. Welcome Guest to the new look Balipod. If you are an existing member, just sign up with your usual username/password. Any problems you can post them here
    Dismiss Notice

Swordfish spears tourists neck while on boat

Discussion in 'Bali News - Indonesia News' started by balinews, Jul 30, 2017.

1. balinews

balinews Member

A BRIT holidaymaker miraculously cheated death when a swordfish speared him through the THROAT as he was about to go diving near a paradise island.

Alan Pope, 57, was sitting in his boat about to go snorkelling when the huge fish launched itself from the sea and hit him.

The force of the impact threw him to the floor of the boat and snapped off the tip of the giant bill-fish’s harpoon – leaving six inches embedded in his neck.

Incredibly the spear – about the same size and sharpness of a kitchen knife – narrowly missed all the major arteries in Alan’s neck.

He had to endure an agonising 30-minute boat ride back to shore with blood pouring from the wound.

The spear was so close to his jugular and carotid arteries that it took a 36 hours, and three different hospitals, before doctors dared remove it.

The brush with death came as Alan and wife Sharon, 55, were about half an hour out to sea off the tiny Indonesian island of Lembongan near Bali.

He said: “I was just a bit mystified through the whole thing. It didn’t really hurt much, it didn’t feel too bad. But it did start to dawn on me that I might bleed out and die.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4127052/british-tourist-speared-swordfish-indonesia/