P

paulseawind

Does anyone know the 'rate' at which water is evaporated from the sw/pool in these current months?

To me, it just evaporates, so we top it up again. But, how many litres per day?

My sw/pool is quite large so I am subjected to a large surface area, which means more evaporation.

Has anyone delved into this one yet? I'd be very grateful to find out more.

Or, is there a formula for calculating the rate of evaporation? Probably is.

Apocalypse69

Jul 26, 2011
Gatot Subroto
Mines quite a small one (fnarr fnarr) but it still needs topping up every 2 days, though now the rainy season (theoretically) has started, wont need that.

P

paulseawind

A further development

Mines quite a small one (fnarr fnarr) but it still needs topping up every 2 days, though now the rainy season (theoretically) has started, wont need that.

Thanks for your info. Yep, still waiting for the hujan to happen in seriousness.

My situation with water management is ridiculously thus:

My Villa was the first built in this area and the one right next door was a very close second.
For some danged reason, we share a PDAM water meter.
At first, I just went along and paid half, until I thought that was too much, because they rent their Villa and I don't.

So, I agreed on a 'monthly rate' with their manager, based on real, historical figures.
That was OK and I was paying every 6 months in arrears.
But for the past 4 months or so the PDAM bill has really increased and I said I'd look into it, hence the looking at sw/pool evaporation as the most obvious user.

I have decided it is all too hard and, as we speak, I am procuring a new water meter and PDAM will install it today, and the mains pipe is literally just on the other side of the access road we have here. It was installed a few months ago by the newest villa in this locale.

So, now I will be able to be myself again and monitor my own water meter and check the calculation of water evaporation on the pool which is around 80+ sq metres of surface area.

I did have a water meter installed almost 3 years ago but it's a cheap toy and I have ignored it for a long time now. But, today I install the top quality one (someone is off to buy it right now) and will have hours of fun with Microsoft Excel, checking all is well and that I am optimising water usage.

I have done all this with electricity management and got the bill halved quite a while ago. I have 2 Villas here and the smaller one was costing Rp500K a month whether I was using it or not. Someone whispered 'prabayar' (pre-paid) to me and I jumped onto that and now it's almost nothing. Less than Rp150K for 6 months so far.