Suzuki APV wanted

gtrken

Nov 4, 2007
Perth W Australia
We are slowly working our return to Bali and hopefully permanent this time. Will be up around Christmas and am looking to purchase ( in the Indonesian wifes name) another APV.
Must be Black or White, double blower ( rear a/c) and the 8 seat version ( not the 7 seat luxury pack, if they even still make them).

Must have under 80,000Km and full service history .
Anything out there ?

When I get there will also get an NMax ( cos Markit has one :) ) but will buy new because the secondhand prices are crazy.

Cheers
Ken

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
I've ridden the Nmax, it is OK. But I still prefer the Honda ADV 150. The Nmax looks like an old man's bike, the ADV has a bit of muscle about it.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
We are slowly working our return to Bali and hopefully permanent this time. Will be up around Christmas and am looking to purchase ( in the Indonesian wifes name) another APV.
Must be Black or White, double blower ( rear a/c) and the 8 seat version ( not the 7 seat luxury pack, if they even still make them).

Must have under 80,000Km and full service history .
Anything out there ?

When I get there will also get an NMax ( cos Markit has one :) ) but will buy new because the secondhand prices are crazy.

Cheers
Ken
Now who says there aint no Karma?

I have a 6 year old (I think, maybe less) APV with exactly the stats you asked for that has been underused for 2 years, since the pandemic. Full service history and only 60,000km. It's in great shape and if you put on sun glasses the silver color will look almost black. Let me know if you want to see it.

Don't listen to the superficial people about their shitty Hondas - Nmax is the only way to travel. That's why I'm selling the APV - I never use it.

Attachments

• IMG_4210.JPG
    IMG_4210.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Reactions: tel522

gtrken

Nov 4, 2007
Perth W Australia
Now who says there aint no Karma?

I have a 6 year old (I think, maybe less) APV with exactly the stats you asked for that has been underused for 2 years, since the pandemic. Full service history and only 60,000km. It's in great shape and if you put on sun glasses the silver color will look almost black. Let me know if you want to see it.

Don't listen to the superficial people about their shitty Hondas - Nmax is the only way to travel. That's why I'm selling the APV - I never use it.
As usual , depending on price, I may be interested.
Actually I could be all over this like a fat kid on a chocolate cake...
Will send PM to discuss further

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Forget the Nmax buy the Xmax 250cc
I tried one once - got 100 meters from the dealership and turned around and took it back. Too heavy and unwieldy for the Indonesian roads and not enough acceleration to make up for the weight and not as comfortable a ride as the Nmax IMHO.

Reactions: tel522

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
I tried one once - got 100 meters from the dealership and turned around and took it back. Too heavy and unwieldy for the Indonesian roads and not enough acceleration to make up for the weight and not as comfortable a ride as the Nmax IMHO.
I use the latest nmax abs , I find it "rock solid" at speed with great brakes ,at slow manouvering speed, it is a little unbalanced for me ,I definately would not go for any bigger maxi bikes like the xmax or bigger ,just my opinion .
Iv had much bigger motorcycles before bali always stable ,but ya scoots are another animal.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I use the latest nmax abs , I find it "rock solid" at speed with great brakes ,at slow manouvering speed, it is a little unbalanced for me ,I definately would not go for any bigger maxi bikes like the xmax or bigger ,just my opinion .
Iv had much bigger motorcycles before bali always stable ,but ya scoots are another animal.
I also had the ABS model but then that failed and just to replace that piece (hydraulic/electronic) would have cost a quarter of the price for the whole bike - new! Bike still works a treat without so now tootle around with that lovely engine warning lamp on 24/7. Have since heard this is a "known" problem.

Well it wasn't to me but now it is to you.

Don't even think of trying to replace it with something bought on the internet - they're all fecked too.

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
I also had the ABS model but then that failed and just to replace that piece (hydraulic/electronic) would have cost a quarter of the price for the whole bike - new! Bike still works a treat without so now tootle around with that lovely engine warning lamp on 24/7. Have since heard this is a "known" problem.

Well it wasn't to me but now it is to you.

Don't even think of trying to replace it with something bought on the internet - they're all fecked too.
Ya I read about the abs problem the guarantee is only 2 years for that expensive peice of kit ,as its now operating the tcs system ,I hope they have made it more reliable .
I purposely got it checked a month before the 2 year guarentee expired ,ya we shall see.

• Sad
Reactions: Markit

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Ya I read about the abs problem the guarantee is only 2 years for that expensive peice of kit ,as its now operating the tcs system ,I hope they have made it more reliable .
I purposely got it checked a month before the 2 year guarentee expired ,ya we shall see.
I found the ABS more of a hindrance than anything TBH. What value being able to stop on a dime when every asshole behind you runs up your backside? Good for gravel though.

Reactions: SamD