davita

Mar 13, 2012
Anyone know where to buy retractable sun-shade awnings in Bali?

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
There's a shop on Sunset street somewhere on the left when driving from Kerobokan towards Simpang Siur (much closer to Kerobokan than it is to Simpang Siur). Forgot the name but they have an advert in pretty much every issue of Bali Advertiser.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
There's a shop on Sunset street somewhere on the left when driving from Kerobokan towards Simpang Siur (much closer to Kerobokan than it is to Simpang Siur). Forgot the name but they have an advert in pretty much every issue of Bali Advertiser.

Thanks Balibule but cannot find that shop....I seem to remember one but maybe it has moved. I also remember the adverts but cannot see in any recent Bali Advertiser.
I did enquire in a store on Subroto but they would import and the cost (Rp22M) was out of my league
I see Ace sell the awnings I'm thinking about but the colours are not suitable, all stripey....any other suggestions....anybody?

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Hi Davita, I just got an electric awning for a huge window in my house. Indoor. Very nice. If you want I can give you contact info on Monday. It was also not on the cheap side but reasonable

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hi Davita, I just got an electric awning for a huge window in my house. Indoor. Very nice. If you want I can give you contact info on Monday. It was also not on the cheap side but reasonable

Thank you...would appreciate. I'm currently thinking of the ACE product and having it recovered but that would also be costly. Umbrellas just won't do the job

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I tried Lightcom and another outlet on the By-Pass but they were custom made from Italy/China etc. and priced outrageously.

I then went to ACE in Central Park and they had, on display, exactly what we wanted. OK, it has brown stripes but matches the wood surrounding the area we want to shade.
It was installed this morning and I just had lunch by the pool, under the shade, and the price was Rp4.2M...well within our budget. It is 3 metres long and extends some 2.5 metres and has a removable handle to open/close. They have different sizes and colors......or can get them.

I'm happy but I hope we don't have the winds like last night....note to self....'furl up the awning before retiring!'

Thanks to BB and Saku and everybody for the help.