spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I think it will be interesting to see if the cousin gets more jail time than the couple convicted of murder in Bali:

Chicago man charged for aiding U.S. couple in Bali suitcase murder

According to the criminal complaint, before the fateful trip, Bibbs had coached both his cousin and Mack on how to commit the murder without getting caught, either by a drug overdose made to look like an accident or by suffocating her in her sleep.Once the couple arrived in Bali, Bibbs exchanged numerous messages with Schaefer, many illustrated with emojis, on how best to get the job done, including avoiding any surveillance cameras and keeping it as quiet as possible, the complaint alleged.
In one text suggesting they drown the victim, Bibbs allegedly asked, "Does she swim?" He then followed with a series of emojis of an ocean wave and a sleeping woman's face, according to the complaint.
Soon after Schaefer checked into the resort on the morning of Aug. 12, he sent a text message to Bibbs that an attempt to kill the mother with an overdose of medicine had failed, the charges alleged.
"Wasn't enough bro smh (shaking my head) ... Definitely need that (emoji of a handgun)," the complaint quoted Schaefer as writing.
Mack, who was sharing a room with her mother, texted Schaefer later in the morning encouraging him to come to her room to carry out the murder while her mother was sleeping, prosecutors said.
"Go sit on her face wit a pillow then," Bibbs replied.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
This story is going to run and run.

I would not be at all surprised if when the happy couple return to the US there's a posse waiting to arrest them for conspiracy to commit murder in the US...

G

Gurkha

Why is this case always referred to as "the suitcase murder". The old lady may have been a bit of a bag, but I doubt she qualified as a suitcase!