Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Wife (BWW) says if I'm not bitching about something then I'm not a happy bunny so to make my day I would like to suggest the following improvements to the forum:

1) Shitty green color - something a little more energetic, lively and Balinese?
2) Top of Page link at the bottom of each page and/or return to New Posts, etc nav bar?
3) Some lively advertisements so that Spicy can buy the beers at the next forum meeting?
4) Balinese Beauty of the Month (or surf guy...:icon_e_sad: for the girls, or dog since they all seem to love those too?)

Flame retardant Sarong firmly on hips (if I can find them).
Markit

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
Ok, I will look for an alternative style. A forum member has offered help also, just haven't had a chance of late to work on it.

How exactly would you define a "Balinese color" ?

Do you have any sites, or ideally vbulletin sites that you think has a great design?

goldminer

Apr 16, 2008
Sanur/Sunrise Dam Gold Mine
Ok, I will look for an alternative style. A forum member has offered help also, just haven't had a chance of late to work on it.

How exactly would you define a "Balinese color" ?

Do you have any sites, or ideally vbulletin sites that you think has a great design?
Before the "shitty" green color, we had a brown tinge, and i personaly have got used to the way it is now, makes no difference to me. I am more interested in the content of the forum.
As for forum meetings..read..piss up, i will be in Bali from 21Feb to 10th March. Any members up for such a gathering, i would be happy to hear from you. Ronb and i have arranged to meet some time in Sanur, no date confirmed yet. I also will be in Lovina for a few days so you northerners, any takers?

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
Before the "shitty" green color, we had a brown tinge, and i personaly have got used to the way it is now, makes no difference to me. I am more interested in the content of the forum.
As for forum meetings..read..piss up, i will be in Bali from 21Feb to 10th March. Any members up for such a gathering, i would be happy to hear from you. Ronb and i have arranged to meet some time in Sanur, no date confirmed yet. I also will be in Lovina for a few days so you northerners, any takers?

Yes, up for the northern version, if there is one.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
markit said:
2) Top of Page link at the bottom of each page and/or return to New Posts, etc nav bar?
Markit, there is a link at the bottom of each page, next to "Read Me 1st". It says "Top" :icon_razz:

goldminer

Apr 16, 2008
Sanur/Sunrise Dam Gold Mine

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
@ goldminer, yep...you can't count me in, no date confirmed yet?
@markit, when are you actually planning to come if you don't mind me asking?

As for the color...at first I didn't like it so much along with the new layout as well... but now already used to it. Just haven't figured out yet how to upload a pic into a comment..

Pa_Yan

Dec 9, 2005
Would it be possible to mark a thread as read without opening the thread? It would clean up the new posts a lot, because this way you can erase the posts that aren't interesting for the reader.

Is it also possible to make a button where you can see all the last post? Read or not? Sometimes I want to get back to a post, but can't find it because of too many sub forums.

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
Would it be possible to mark a thread as read without opening the thread? It would clean up the new posts a lot, because this way you can erase the posts that aren't interesting for the reader.

Is it also possible to make a button where you can see all the last post? Read or not? Sometimes I want to get back to a post, but can't find it because of too many sub forums.

Can do both. Read the threads you are interested in then press 'mark forums read' either under 'forum actions' or 'mark forums read' at top of page. to read previous thread just press the 'back one page' arrow at the top left of your browser.

Last edited:

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010

When you are logged into the forum, and click the "forum" tab. You will see "Quick links"

Under quicklinks, I have added a menu for "Today's posts", "Posts from the past 7 days" and "Posts from the past 30 days".

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
When you are logged into the forum, and click the "forum" tab. You will see "Quick links"

Under quicklinks, I have added a menu for "Today's posts", "Posts from the past 7 days" and "Posts from the past 30 days".
That's fantastic! Hopefully, that will keep everyone happy. :icon_biggrin:

Pa_Yan

Dec 9, 2005

Great!! This makes it a lot easier to find back a post. Thank you Spicy.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Wow, what a response - you'd think the thread was about dogs!?

Matsaleh I liked the green one best too - minus the stupid face of course but color and baroque feel was good.

Goldminer - I try to make sure my wife is a very happy woman - usually by being somewhere else. :icon_biggrin:

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
The posts/links on the opening page rarely seem to change (fast enough).

Some current examples:

Are the flights from Jakarta to Bali affected by the problem with Merapi?
No Progress for Bali Peace Park
The Great Wall of Kuta

Why is that?

Wouldn't it be better to have stuff there which is actually relevant to right now? Rather than a more-or-less meaningless layer potentially new-comers have to wade through?
I find it annoying as well.