Bali Radar

Jun 16, 2014
The Law of Supply and Demand

The absolute and unquestionable model of price determination for real estate market is based on the law of supply and demand. By analyzing the supply and demand we can determine the appreciation of a market, the velocity of sales and expectations of buyers and sellers. Logically, if a real estate market experiences an all-time high demand for properties (buyers) and a limited supply (sellers) then we can expect skyrocketing prices for properties in general. In that case, we can predict to see average properties find buyers quickly.

Absorption rate drives Bali real estate economy

We would like to introduce you the absorption rate. This statistic calculates the rate at which homes sell in a given time period. Absorption rate is calculated by dividing the number of sales in a given month by the number of available homes for sale. C9 Hotelwork last report showed an astonish absorption rate of 40% for one bedroom units in Bali. Translation : 40% of one bedroom units found buyers within one month, pretty impressive and inviting for investors isn’t it ? See the following charts for the market absorption by location and by villa type.

Warning

On the island of Gods (Bali), property market is appreciating fast and gives sellers a great bargaining power. Buyers and tenants must be well advised because they have less control and must negotiate carefully to meet seller demands in order to make the purchase or lease.

Source: C9 Hotelworks Market Research

Intan Goyana and Bali Radar Team

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Which charts?

And the fact that nobody builds a one bedroom villas might sway the speed of sale of same - considering that many more singles are retiring to Bali and therefore uptake of one bedroom villas might be exaggerated and not representative of the villa market as a whole.

Bali Radar

Jun 16, 2014
The charts

Which charts?

And the fact that nobody builds a one bedroom villas might sway the speed of sale of same - considering that many more singles are retiring to Bali and therefore uptake of one bedroom villas might be exaggerated and not representative of the villa market as a whole.

Dear Markit,

You can find the chart attached to this reply.

Kind Regards

Source: C9 Hotelworks Market Researchchart 1.jpgchart 2.jpg

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Don't forget that there have been a whole lot of "rumah BTN" projects completed, that jacks up (inflates) the numbers big time, both the amount of units sold and at what price it was sold (the whole project is paid in full by Bank, and bank sells them KPR...with loan/mortgage so the projected interest that the bank receives is added to actual price)
Furthermore the strategic "visual effects" to influence people is clever, left using 40-80-120 and on the right using 0,04-0,08-0,12.
probably the same guys who did the "how much water 1 hotelroom uses" :icon_razz:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
In essence it's all bullshit...I agree with gilbert...statistics and reality are often agley, particularly when the statistics can so obviously mislead...where is the common denominator and transparency of sold properties in Bali...nowhere! I drink with realtors who tell me that the they haven't anything sold in months. One in particular has given up her job as there is no market.
But who knows the future...the way the Ukraine/Russia epic is progressing it may be that roubles will invade the RI economy, and inflate the property market again...remember; Indonesia and Russia are intertwined in armament contracts....and the piper will need to be paid!

btw I have a 3 bed/3 bath freehold pool villa in Kerobokan that is for sale...no agents please! PM

Prim

Sep 2, 2014
It's not easy to sell property in Bali, in fact it is very hard.

I've got a 700sqm place (residential) in Banjar Semer right on the river, it's been on the market for 6 years and no one is biting. Even the real estate agents say that things are slow... Just last week, I've decided to just sell it for the land at 6M - I will see what happens and report back.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Prim good luck but my take on real estate sales here in Bali, for what it's worth, is that the estate agents are all butt lazy assholes that only "sell" stuff to people that come banging on their doors - that aint "selling" that's waiting. They make most of their money with selling punters like you space in one of their mags for big bucks and still nothing happens. So what do you do? More of the same cause that's what they advise.

If you want to sell your house - pay a couple of bucks or do it your self, but build a website with the pix and facts in it - then list your property with the various mags, both weekly and monthly, such as Bali Advertiser. It aint cheep but it works for people that I know selling - lots of them on here. You can even list with estate agents in your target markets, say China or Singapore.

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
Crikey....if nothing is selling...how can the drazy prices being asked be real? One little fat frenchman has properties on his website between 1 and 4 million....dollars.....and he rides around on a scoopy in a sweat stained tshirt....I might buy some land in kangaroosasam or whatever its called and build a bamboo hut....found some bamboo yesterday

davita

Mar 13, 2012
There is one realtor in Bali that is very aggressive. I get emails from the Co. daily, sometimes more.
I thought this is who I should employ to sell my villa so contacted. After numerous emails where I asked what was his commission and his responses asking what size, shape and every other question about my villa...I gave him up.
I just wanted to know how much they charge and he wouldn't answer that simple question.

I still have an unsigned contract from Ray White...I cannot believe this one-sided contract which states my responsibility but nothing about what they'll do for me!:apathy:

Some years ago I took an external diploma course from University of British Columbia on Real Estate and Mortgage Planning. I didn't need the licence but still had to take the final exam at the University. Therefore, I know how hard it is to be qualified in Canada...I think there is no such requirement in RI....anyone can be a realtor.

Markit has this right.:applause:

Prim

Sep 2, 2014
Prim good luck but my take on real estate sales here in Bali, for what it's worth, is that the estate agents are all butt lazy assholes that only "sell" stuff to people that come banging on their doors - that aint "selling" that's waiting. They make most of their money with selling punters like you space in one of their mags for big bucks and still nothing happens. So what do you do? More of the same cause that's what they advise.

If you want to sell your house - pay a couple of bucks or do it your self, but build a website with the pix and facts in it - then list your property with the various mags, both weekly and monthly, such as Bali Advertiser. It aint cheep but it works for people that I know selling - lots of them on here. You can even list with estate agents in your target markets, say China or Singapore.

Strong advice.

I've had real estate agents bring "Euro Trash" tourists around to inspect the house, just touro's interested in seeing the "posh-er" side of Bali, like a tour of Bali Luxury Houses.

I honestly would not like to part with this house for any less than it is worth, $700,000, but what broke expat commoner or retiree has that.

I need some rich tycoon type of fella to buy the place, or, just wait another decade for this island to turn into another Tokyo and have some developer buy it for the land.

Prim

Sep 2, 2014
Crikey....if nothing is selling...how can the drazy prices being asked be real? One little fat frenchman has properties on his website between 1 and 4 million....dollars.....and he rides around on a scoopy in a sweat stained tshirt....I might buy some land in kangaroosasam or whatever its called and build a bamboo hut....found some bamboo yesterday

Everyone move to Sumba or even further. Samsiam can be in charge of the real estate development (bamboo huts), some other fella can open up a couple 24hour Kwinki-Marts, I'll build the local Night Club, and boom we got a mini Bali for a fiftieth of the cost... Prob wouldn't take long for sh*t to go all 'Lord of the Flies" though, but it could be good while it lasts...

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Strong advice.

I've had real estate agents bring "Euro Trash" tourists around to inspect the house, just touro's interested in seeing the "posh-er" side of Bali, like a tour of Bali Luxury Houses. You might want to be a bit careful how you thrash around with the bad opinions - I've had multimillionaire mine owners breeze up on the back of a moped with holes in his shorts and a skragelty-ass 2 hair beard looking to buy the property next door - makes pretty good sense if you think about it real hard - who gets quoted the highest price - skragelty-ass or Mr. Mercedes?

I honestly would not like to part with this house for any less than it is worth, $700,000, but what broke expat commoner or retiree has that. Market value is what the market will pay, only! Not what you want.

I need some rich tycoon type of fella to buy the place, or, just wait another decade for this island to turn into another Tokyo and have some developer buy it for the land.
see above. My advise, for what it's worth - sell for any price you can get and move to London - they don't have enough miserable feckers there - you'll fit right in.

Prim

Sep 2, 2014
see above. My advise, for what it's worth - sell for any price you can get and move to London - they don't have enough miserable feckers there - you'll fit right in.

And you move back to where ever you're from. We already got too many Bar Girl banging, Bintang Guzzling, Moocher attracting sugar Daddies, Imperialistic attitude white boys - here in Bali. When I say "we", meaning, us Balinese.

Last edited:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
And you move back to where ever you're from. We already got too many Bar Girl banging, Bintang Guzzling, Moocher attracting sugar Daddies, Imperialistic attitude white boys - here in Bali. When I say "we", meaning, us Balinese.

No.idea I think he's talking to you :tongue:

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur

Now your getting insulting . I do occasionally have a few bintangs but so do my balinese and muslin friends
They do enjoy it when I break out a real bottle of Johnnie Walker for all of us to enjoy !

I constantly participate in thier balinese ceremonys along with my muslim fiance.

From what i have seem most balinese own the bar girl banging places

Maybe you should take off the sunglasses and have some bali kopi and think about your demeaner to a "bule"

Yes some white people have money they earned it. The have chosen bali to spend it.most that i know do spend in warungs,markets, and continually support the local businesses.and yes some whites probably only spend in bule places but would the food be from local markets and suppliers

Prim

Sep 2, 2014
Now your getting insulting . I do occasionally have a few bintangs but so do my balinese and muslin friends
They do enjoy it when I break out a real bottle of Johnnie Walker for all of us to enjoy !

I constantly participate in thier balinese ceremonys along with my muslim fiance.

From what i have seem most balinese own the bar girl banging places

Maybe you should take off the sunglasses and have some bali kopi and think about your demeaner to a "bule"

Yes some white people have money they earned it. The have chosen bali to spend it.most that i know do spend in warungs,markets, and continually support the local businesses.and yes some whites probably only spend in bule places but would the food be from local markets and suppliers

You have a Javanese girlfriend hey? That's cool.

"It's only insulting if it's true." - I heard someone say that once.

;)

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
Actually from Lombok. We are in process of doing all the needed papework for marrage.

She is from a small poor farming village . Once we are married we with my bule money will buy land and build a house or two for her family

Ps i really not like the area but it for family ( something i learned from my many balinese friends and families