JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Hi Adam

Thanks for that but it's locked for viewers outside of Australia.

I have a free IP-switcher but unfortunately there are no servers at present in Australia (unless I pay).
I've found one torrent that seems to be working, but it's extremely slow (only two peers at the moment - an Australian and an American).
The file size is 710MB and it's currently downloading at about 6 kB/s. Still, it is Sunday morning, so it might pickup later.
The "availability" is 0.969, which means there'll be a few small sections missing, but should still be very watchable. At this rate, it could take a day or two to download.

Have you watched The Act Of Killing yet? People have mentioned it here before. It's disgusting, really, but worth watching.
A little bit tricky finding where to download it from, but I managed to do so.

I'll post an update, if and when it finishes downloading. If others can't find it, PM me and I'll send the link I've got.

I'm a bit stuffed at the moment. Went down to Sindhu beach this morning (5 am) to try and catch the Leonids meteor shower. This morning was the peak.
Got there too late but it was a beautiful sunrise, nevertheless. (My wife and our dog took too long to get organised.) Might give it another shot tomorrow morning.

Cheers.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
Have you watched The Act Of Killing yet? People have mentioned it here before. It's disgusting, really, but worth watching.
A little bit tricky finding where to download it from, but I managed to do so.

This movie is as of recently available for download from their website.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
I managed to download it, eventually (96.9% of it).
Probably the slowest download I've ever encountered (no seeds, just two peers).

The quality is very good, just some momentary glitches here and there.

The Australian and Baliem highland musicians put a sort of "pleasant" spin on what is a tragic story. West Papuans still hoping for freedom from Indonesia.
There's not much new, as such, (it was released in 2009). Things haven't changed much for the better since then.
Interesting footage of the highlanders/Ozzie interacting in their villages and comments from Indonesian academics living in Australia.
Definitely worth watching if you're unfamiliar with what's been going on there.

Personally, The Act Of Killing is much more powerful, although it'll leave you feeling truly disgusted.

For balibule...Thanks for that. I already knew. I found it difficult to track down when it first came out.

:applause:

Adam

Jul 21, 2006
Western Australia
Hi JC,

Glad you liked it.

Interestingly, I watched it alongside the missus and three of her Indo mates and was shocked when they burst out in laughter when the stories of torture were presented by the Papuans along with cries of 'karma' etc etc. When I tried to highlight that they were merely seeking the same as what Indonesia sought from the Dutch all those years ago it seemed to strike a little bit of a chord, the first time it had been explained to them in that way.