stock broker

cosmos

Jan 15, 2019
Can anyone tell me if there is a reliable online stock broker in Bali, as i,m not allowed by Bali rules to access my Australian broker.

Juggler

Jun 20, 2018
Just run your Oz account from here...get your broker to get Signal or Telegram and call him/her.

Reactions: JackStraw

cosmos

Jan 15, 2019
my broker cmc says no dice, indonesia blocks all gambling, decided to go with e toro, seemingly indo allows it. thanks

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
my broker cmc says no dice, indonesia blocks all gambling, decided to go with e toro, seemingly indo allows it. thanks

It seems like they are blocked by Indihome. I know you can use a VPN, but it does some like there is some attempt at blocking them.

Can I ask what you are trading on them? It seems like they offer forex and crypto.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
You can also use Interactive Brokers.. they seem a bit more relaxed about compliance (eg, they ask for proof of residential address in your home country, but if you don't provide it the account still works and they eventually stop asking...)

BaliMatt

Apr 6, 2021
Hi I am currently in the UK and have accounts with CMC Markets UK and CMC Markets Australia (used to live there). IMO they are the best provider, excellent platform etc so why change? Just get a VPN then you can stick with them. VPN is very useful in Indonesia anyway as loads of stuff is blocked, even random innocent websites for whatever reasons. Sky Sports blocked my football streaming subscription if outside the UK, so I use a VPN set to UK when in Indonesia or wherever. They're clever though and can now tell by your clock time and other settings if you're in another country! Also as an ex travel agent I can tell you that online flight prices vary according to which country you access the website from. Emirates own website is a good example of this. Set you VPN to the country of origin for your flight ticket and you'll likely get a nett fare instead of a more expensive IATA published fare. Kind of pays for itself if you travel more than average especially long haul. A good VPN lets you choose and change from multiple countries where your IP address is located. So if in Indonesia just get a VPN.

cosmos

Jan 15, 2019
thanks for that, i need to get a computer geek to come to my place and get this thing going, i set up the VPN and logged in, but i still cant connect to the sites i,m looking for. thanks anyway. i need to look for someone locally.