odez999

Jul 4, 2011
Hi

How complicated is to get KITAS since I am married to Indonesian over a year already .. and I am still on SOS budaya (social visa) ..
I am living like that on Bali ... i found it more easier to fly out re-apply for sos budaya and then extend 4 more months !

I asked in Immigration .. and now they told me that I need some sort of marriage doc. from my embassy allso !!
Is that true !?

I cant find no where online that for KITAS i need to go to get some papers again from my embassy ! Do I ?

Lastime I went to my embassy (paper that i am free able to marry) it cost a fortune to translate to english .. then again to indonesian . .and took 2 months .. and nothing could be delivered .. every time i had to come in person in my embassy! (I calculated it costed 50% of flight to home and back)
+ I had to activate half of my familly to get some ridiclous papers back home and send it ! (birth certificate, adress ver etc .. I do not remember what else)

So I was wondering is there any way to avoid having business with my own embassy to get wife sponsored KITAS ... coz I whenever I go to my embassy they ripp me off more than my fellow buddies Indonesians !

Or is it possible simply to take agent (what is the "normal" price) and how reliable is that !?

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
Thx for reply

I was reading that ... and I could not find no where that I am suppose to go to my embassy to pick up some sort of marriage confirmation paper (or whatever is called)
Coz woman at counter asked that !!??

I found this:
------------------------------------------
WNI (woman)
KTP
KK
REK TABUNGAN
PASPOR
SURAT NIKAH (LEGALISIR) = marriage certificate + Catatan Sipil registration
SURAT PERMOHONAN
SURAT JAMINAN

WNA (man)
PASPOR
PAS PHOTO 4x3 = 2 Lembar
------------------------------------------

Now if this is true .. from my side is enought to provide passport and photos and myself !?
Or em I missing something !?

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I can't remember all of the documents I needed for the visa, but I know it took several trips back to immigration for them to finally accept my application. Even if you ask them everything they need, there is always something missing! I do recall them asking about a marriage certificate from my embassy, but had to keep telling them that since we were married in Indonesia, the marriage is automatically recognized in Australia and there is no further documentation we can provide. I think you just need to be patient and a little bit persistent and you will eventually get the visa. If you plan on staying here longterm I would definitely recommend getting the KITAS as soon as possible, so you can then apply for a KITAP.

Natasha

Dec 1, 2010
Kerobokan
I think the document you are referring to is the Letter of Non-Impediment, pretty much a letter from your embassy confirming that you are not married to someone in your home country or country of origin (and if you were married then you'd need your divorce papers). If you were married in Indonesia you would need this for your marriage certificate, as well as KITAS/KITAP application.

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
Croatia ....

Seems different countries have different rules !

From Australia I find indeed, like spicyayam told "had to keep telling them that since we were married in Indonesia, the marriage is automatically recognized in Australia and there is no further documentation we can provide."
on gov.au:

Frequently asked Questions
Can I marry at the Embassy? NO
How long does it take to issue a CNI? Usually while you wait provided the documentation presented are correct and complete.
Will my marriage be recognised in Australia?
YES, since 1 January 1995 any legally performed marriage in an overseas country, which would have been legal had it been performed in Australia, is accepted as a legal marriage under Australian Law.
Do I need to register the marriage with the Embassy? NO
Do I need to register the marriage in Australia? NO, you can not register an overseas marriage in Australia.
Can I marry before my divorce decree absolute is issued? NO

etc ...

But my country (Croatia)... birocracy is even worse than Indonesian !

I will bring than Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage + Kantor Urusan Agama funny booklets (Buku Nikah) + Catatan Sipil (sort of "Marriage Certificate" or whatever they will give , if they will give)
and try again at immigration office ! (from my side.. I do not what mambo jumbo is needed from wife)

I know what would happen if I came with that 2 booklets (Buku Nikah) to my embassy to be stamped ... They would tell me that they can not provide that and that that I must alone apply back in Croatia bla bla ... as usually !
And probably it is like that ... I would just waste my time and nerves ... for some stupid paper ... totaly irelevant what so ever to whoever ...No help from them ...

I must retrive that original Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage wich I gave to mafioso who married us (to who wife needed to bargin for price :) ... who would thought that marriage papers are not enough ...
And to get Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage from Croatia .. its a story for itself ... not simple .. not cheap ... not fast ...

klaatu

Mar 14, 2014
Blimbingsari banyuwangi and Denpasar
people who read these forums get all worked up into fear about getting KITAS..It is piss easy ,just 6 or 7 trips to kantor imigrasi....I've just had the same shitting myself feeling about getting a tourist visa to Australia for my wife..Got it with flying colours and I was living in Indonesia and almost flat broke.....As for getting a Kitas they ask you to report (and get stamped official letter for about$90 at Bali Australian Consulate.)your marriage to Indonesian at your Consulate/embassy...I got my Kitas but Imigrasi hasn't seen it yet,ready for next time though...All this shit is easy peasy and I'm a fuckwit! Everyone who has problems at Imigrasi just aren't following the rules!

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
yea .. Australia is Australia A STATE !

my fellow Asutralian got replacement for stolen passport in a week or so .. I was waiting mine almost 2 months ... and cost a fortune ! ( I almost ened in detention center... NOT BY MY FAULT but folowing the rules and guides given by authorities in Indo and my country)
What can I say .. not evryone is lucky enough to live in NZ .. Australia .. Holland etc ...

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
yes avcours my embass cut me of with:
"we only provide Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage"
"please check what documents exactly are requested by immigration official"

And how the hell I would know if immigration officer dont know ... they are teling something like "marriage certificate from embasy" .."you must get PAPER from embassy" !!??

I understand that Indonesians dont know .. but why my embassy is like that .. they are aware that "systems" are not compatibile in EU .. China .. Indonesia .. Arabia .. Izrael .. etc etc ...

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
Today wife went to Kantor Urusan Agama near Bogor where we married to pick up and photocopy that "Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage" since thats the only thing I can from my side at the momment !
And he was persuadeing her that Buku Nikah is all what is needed (all around the world I guess) and that Catatan Sipil paper is ONLY for different religion than Islam !

But I read somewhere that is better to make Catatan Sipil marriage registration (what is something like civilian register of marriage) which comes handy later on .. that those two funny booklets as a proof of marriage in Indonesia !
Later on wife started lecturing ME (what that guy said) over the cellphone ... It was time for cold Bintang ! x2

Legaliszation certification verification notarization ... so many money "making" words and phrases ...

klaatu

Mar 14, 2014
Today wife went to Kantor Urusan Agama near Bogor where we married to pick up and photocopy that "Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage" since thats the only thing I can from my side at the momment !
And he was persuadeing her that Buku Nikah is all what is needed (all around the world I guess) and that Catatan Sipil paper is ONLY for different religion than Islam !

But I read somewhere that is better to make Catatan Sipil marriage registration (what is something like civilian register of marriage) which comes handy later on .. that those two funny booklets as a proof of marriage in Indonesia !
Later on wife started lecturing ME (what that guy said) over the cellphone ... It was time for cold Bintang ! x2

Legaliszation certification verification notarization ... so many money "making" words and phrases ...
you do not register your KUA marriage at catatan sipil. KUA legalizes it themselves..they will phoyocopu your buku nikah and stamp it.

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
you do not register your KUA marriage at catatan sipil. KUA legalizes it themselves..they will phoyocopu your buku nikah and stamp it.

I have already that ! Buku nikah with stamps !
Does this (legalization) means that Buku Nikah must be brought to catatan sipil to be stamped again with some extra stamps from them allso !!??
And this is called legalization ?

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
The Validity of Marriage - Indonesian Marriage Law

International Recognition

Mixed-marriage couples married in Indonesia should pay attention to this issue, especially if they have married in Moslem ceremony. The Moslem Marriage Book is NOT accepted in several countries - for example, Netherlands. The immigration regulations in the Netherlands require a Certificate of Attestation from the Indonesian Civil Registry Office. This is the certificate that show that the marriage has been registered with the Indonesian Civil Registry Office in order to register at the Civil Registry Office in the Netherlands. You need to submit supporting documents such as your passports, visa, marriage books, and photographs (with groom on the right side).

Theoretically, this is may sounds odd. The Office of Religious Affairs and the Civil Registry Office are the Indonesian government institutions that have the authority to record your marriage. But, in actual practice, you will experience numerous legal difficulties iif you are not fully aware of the legal consequences of your actions.

If you go to the Surabaya Civil Registry Office, they will not issue a Certificate of Attestation based on the Moslem Marriage Book. They don’t even want to provide the letter of rejection either. They find Office of Religious Affairs has the same position as them, believing that they are not authorized to issue such certificate.

According to the Regional Autonomy Law of 2004, the regulation for civil registry and population services is the sole responsible of local municipal offices. So, the Surabaya Municipal offices is fully within its authority to consider that the Religious Affairs and Civil Registry take the same legal position.

Another matter that deserves attention is document legalization. Immigration-related documents require certifications or legalizations or authentications in order to be recognized internationally.

The legalization rules are different for each country. Not all information is provided clearly and regulations are not the same in every country. This conflicting information is typical of government bureaucracy all over the world. As we are aware, US rules specify that your certificate(s) should be less than a year old. As for the Netherlands regulations, the certificate(s) should be less than five years old. The process is usually complicated and in many cases a lack of time or expertise can cause delays and valuable time will be lost.
Indonesia is not a part of the Hague Convention, a group of nations joined to create a simplified method of legalizing documents for universal recognition. Therefore, you need an Embassy Legalization for your documents to be valid internationally.

As a non-member of the Hague Convention, Indonesian documents must fulfill certain requirements before the foreign embassy can legalize your documents. Indonesian documents should first pass the procedures at the related government institutions in Indonesia, such as Notary Public certification, Civil Registry, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and/or Ministry of Religion.

The Civil Registry office has a Mandatory Waiting Period of 10 working days from the date of filing. This waiting period may be waived for tourists presenting a guest registration form (Form A). Islamic Marriage Certificates (Buku Nikah) issued by the Office of Religious Affairs (Kantor Urusan Agama) are legally valid in Indonesia and do not require registration with any other agency if you are going to live in Indonesia.

However, if you might move somewhere else in the future, get a marriage certificate issued by the Civil Registry and an officially certified translation right away (see below). All other Marriage Certificates will be issued by the Civil Registry usually on the same or next day. A sworn English translation of the marriage certificate should be obtained for use abroad. It may be necessary for the marriage certificate or translation to be registered by your Consular Agency. Or you may choose to have the sworn translation of the marriage certificate verified or a special translation made by the Consular Agency of your home country or the Consular Agency of your country of residence might prove useful.

I knew I read it somewhere that it was not so simple ... I am allmoust certan that my ebassy wil lroll out their eyes on only those two marriage books ! no mater wvwn if we have golden seal from president in there ! It is something what they are not familliar and AUTOMATICLY I will get rejected .. or they will redirect me here and there ...
Some A4 from goverment would be much more easier ...if it is possible to obtain !

klaatu

Mar 14, 2014
I have already that ! Buku nikah with stamps !
Does this (legalization) means that Buku Nikah must be brought to catatan sipil to be stamped again with some extra stamps from them allso !!??
And this is called legalization ?
No catatan sipil for KUA marriage.absolutely not.When KUAfotocopys your buku nikah and stamps the fotocopy THAT IS LEGALISED.....!!

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
Here is update to the whole thing ...
It took a while to get new KIPP (coz that is must if KTP/ID of wife is not Bali one... even if it is Bali one must match residing adress ..) .. and to collect that copy of letter of no imepdmenth (or whatewer the word is)...
I sent wife to apply me there .. now there was no word about registration of marriage in embassy ... coz some other guy was working .. different rules and norms ...(luckly in my favor this time) BUT .. this guy sent her off with something that i can only appl after 2y in indonesia for KITAS !
I WAS WTF ... I almost kill her when she came home and told me that, that he cut her off !
And Tomorrow I went with her... 1 kilogram of all possible documents I had ... and I asked what he is talking about !? This time he sent me to some higher official who said that all is ok that GUY on the counter WAS WRONG ... !!!
And she called him ... and gave him lesson in front of me .. I could see he was ashamed .. but what could I do ? Wait for 2y as he told me ? (I have feeling there is some sort of clan war in Rnon immigrasi ... can feel tension in the air ... latley)

Anyway same guy took all aplications and fotokopies .. and you could see he was mad .. but I was 200% polite all the time ... and he was sniffing every single document looking for some sort of error ... (date .. or something)

Anyway ... finally I got apointment for "interview" there ...

So I am waiting ...

BTW my passport expires on 27th this month .. I was affraid that they will decline me coz of that .. but senior official told me as long I have recit from them that kitas in in process I am "covered" ... Well that sound logicly ! But I still need to re-check .. what if .. next time ! Because I do not want to be in process ... tourist visa expired ... and later on .. declined for some trivial reason .. or passport got lost or stuck ...
Then I would be totaly fu*ked trieing to exit indonesia !

But I think they will send me off on interview .. for whatever reason ...

I am trying to do all by the book .. but it is barley possible :D

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
I think you mean your visa will expire on 27, If you have started the process you can extend your visa as normal. The process should take about 3 weeks to do, don't send you documents to Jakarta take them there in person, you will then get them back in 24 hours.

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
Yes I wanted to say my SOS BUDAYA visa in passport (not passport) !
The problem is that is the last extension (4th), so I guess I will have to go outside country again ... "The process should take about 3 weeks to do" . .you mean after the initial interview !?
And in that process o they take your passport again !?