davita

Mar 13, 2012
Found this hilarious report in today's Jakpost regarding the haze in Singapore.

"It's disgusting, terrible." Dennis Wong, an IT at a foreign bank, said as he smoked a cigarette in the business district. "It feels very uncomfortable when you walk on the street."

I contemplate...was he talking about the haze....the effect of his smoking......or the amount of funds his bank held from illegal Indonesian sources. :icon_twisted:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Come on guys....I've had many likes to my above, which I greatly appreciate, but no replies.
I'm sure the wry humour of members can get the ball rolling.
How about this....

Today, the transparency of the Singapore banking system is equal to the ground view from the Marina Bay swimming pool! :black_eyed:

btw I had a couple of Kilkennys with my curry lunch...it helps to focus! :icon_e_geek:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Rumour has it that Paridah Abas, the jihadist wife of executed 'Bali bomber' Mukhlas, currently living in smoggy Johor Bahru, is relocating to Kuta, Bali.

She reckons it is a safer environment. :devilish:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
There's something a bit daunting about 4 likes on one post and also there's something a bit daunting about someone saying "tell us a joke" so until the "daunt" subsides or the vodka kicks in I'll just munch on a cracker (sans cheese!) and lurk in awe...:icon_eek:

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
Hi, Davita, I am currently in singapore, smog is horrendous....and yes the locals are smoking in designated areas whilst surrounded by smog..the mind boggles. Today was a bit clearer...hopefully it will lift soon, walking around with a face mask is definitely not a fashion statement, but certainly a healthy one

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Agree. Natural disasters are no fun, man made ones even less so.

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
Maybe if the Singapore authority stop those illegal logging woods being traded via SG, they will have a better weather now:icon_evil:

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Maybe if the Singapore authority stop those illegal logging woods being traded via SG, they will have a better weather now:icon_evil:

C'mon Ferdie, this is a pathetic argument. How about if Indonesia just enforced its own laws? Perhaps there wouldn't be any so-called 'illegal wood' to trade then...

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
C'mon Ferdie, this is a pathetic argument. How about if Indonesia just enforced its own laws? Perhaps there wouldn't be any so-called 'illegal wood' to trade then...

Forgive me for being cynical to SG, but the government in SG is not that stupid to be surprised when this smog happens.
They know most of the illegal logging there were sent via SG and Malay and they must have realize the risk when the past smogs happens before in SG and Malay :icon_sad:
Indo has the bigger responsibility, but knowing that your neighbor had stupid and greedy kids doesn't make it morally right to take advantage of them