Sponsor advice

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Are visa agents still able to act as a sponsor for a social visa,i thought I read something last year where some services offered by them had been stopped by immigration,

I believe some
of you long time members may have used their services in the past and would appreciate any info/advice that you may be able to offer,including how much they charge and also if possible the contact info for reliable agents you have used,

I am in surabaya right now and having serious problems with immigration ,my wife has been my sponsor for the past 10 yrs,when I went there yesterday to do an extension they interviewed me and her,then said she is no longer a credible sponsor,told us they will review it and to come back again today for a decision,however I'm worried as my visa runs out today and if they reject my extension what happens then,will I have only a couple of hours to arrange a flight out,because this is not possible as it takes approx a week to arrange my flight back to Ny,i will post an update after today's visit to immigration,

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
You could always do a visa run to Singapore and return on a VOA for a month (two if you pay for an extendable one). It would give you some breathing space.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I think your issue is you are still using extensions to a spouse sponsored sosbud for 10 years. They may infer it isn't the correct visa for your requirements.
I'd suggest you should be prepared to apply for a spouse sponsored Kitas instead.

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Thanks for the advice,im at immigration right now so will post an update later,

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
They don't explain why she is no longer credible,they are not obligated to say from what I know,as for doing the visa run I'm open to that but as it stands I don't know what is happening right now,my current visa runs out at midnight tonight,also because of the current situation maybe there is a chance that if I do the visa run possibly I could be denied entry again,have to wait and see,the most worrying thing is that they won't give a decision today,they said they will call us,so by that time I will have over stayed,and there is a good chance that I will have to pay each day over stay,im not sure but maybe that could work bad for me the next time I enter the country

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Sorry to hear about your pickle nydave...seems like you're between a rock and a hard place. I'd not give them any reason to fight you so getting a ticket soonest to say Singapore/KL and returning on another Sosbud will give some respite.

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Thank you Davita and all who offered advice,i now have an update,

We have a young son who is actually an Indonesian citizen,however he probably looks 75% like me and 25% like his mom,unfortunately we had to bring him to the immigration office because none of my inlaws were available to take care of him,so I really believe that this whole episode was about him and not about me,the guy yesterday was downright nasty,told my wife she was a liar because she not the mother of our son,anyway went back earlier today with all documentation regarding our son,this time we met a lady who actually appoligised for what happened and gave me my extension,i think I was just unlucky and met an A hole,,remember the saying that amongst every bunch of roses there is always a prick,seems we met the latter,so thankfully all is good now,however it leaves me with a real mistrust in the immigration system,especially here in surabaya,when we go there usually I am the only foreigner ,most I have ever seem was three other foreigners ,so it's very easy to pick on one individual,not like in Bali where there are hundreds of foreigners,

Reactions: matsaleh

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
There are some sad, bitter and twisted people around that is for sure. It is when they get into positions of power without responsibility that problems like yours occur. Anyway, a happy ending.

Cheers
Sam

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Happy to hear you had a good result...eventually.
You are right... yesterday my wife went to renew her car registration and got a similar A-hole. She isn't someone that these people can intimidate so she sorted him out after letting out her maiden name...her brother is a retired police general as was her father and they're Ambonese. Javanese/Balinese cannot stand conflict and the Ambonese thrive off it.

However, I do think you should pursue getting a spouse-sponsored Kitas/Kitap from your sosbud...it will make life a lot easier.

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Thank you all for the advice and your kind words,i definitely will be looking at different types of visas from now on,and we have made a decision to move out of Surabaya latter this year,to be honest I never liked the place anyway,there is nothing here for anyone unless your idea of living is hanging out in shopping malls,

Thanks again everyone,

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Actually I still have 2 more extensions available to me on this Social, but we are not prepared to go through that type of harassment and the degrading things things that he called my wife again so at the end of this month when this extension is about to run out I will cut my visit short for this year and return to Ny,

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Actually I still have 2 more extensions available to me on this Social, but we are not prepared to go through that type of harassment and the degrading things things that he called my wife again so at the end of this month when this extension is about to run out I will cut my visit short for this year and return to Ny,
Hi Dave,
I have overstayed my visa and only had to pay a daily rate penalty, but that was on a business visa and perhaps other types are different. I did then learn that my count was different than Immigration's! Just for those that don't know Immigration counts the first day as "ONE" whether you arrived at 11:59 pm that day it is counted as your first day and not the 24 hour interval after arrival. I was also late leaving because of Mt. Rinjani eruptions which they unbelievably forgave and didn't penalize. I was in shock!